Idiot locked keys inside Allante any ideas? - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Idiot locked keys inside Allante any ideas?

Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Default Idiot locked keys inside Allante any ideas?

Irony - I went to the hardware store for a spare ignition key - had to get the blanks on line - they cut the ignition key, it didn't work - I took the ignition key off the key ring, plopped the key ring into the ashtray - went back in with the loose ignition key and asked them to cut another blank with the ignition key off the key ring - that didn't work either - drove home, grabbed the key out of the ignition, locked the driver's door and closed it - passenger door was already locked - of course the spare door key is on the key ring with other door key - the only saving grace, maybe, is passenger window is down an inch an a half - power windows don't work on that side.

The top is darn near mint, hate to cut it - would rather break a window, prefer to do neither - of course I could sell it as is, sitting in the driveway - winch it up on a flat bed and take it away - seems like I am not meant to have an Allante - don't have the discipline to do proper key management on them - I have 3 sets each for the Eldo and the STS .....

aaaarrghhhhhhhhhh