Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

hey Bill .. a $500 Allante

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default hey Bill .. a $500 Allante

They are starting to crack toe $1,000 barrier ...

also .. I know you saw this one for $1,600
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/car/604373460.html

sick cars, but still ...
there was the day, not long ago two years back when any not-wrecked Allante got $3,500.

hey, when I sell my two Phase II parts and car sets and all, can I say "I'm the Allante MOD, bid with confidence?"

Sick car, happy buyer ..

Hey everybody!

Today I bought a 1991 burgundy soft top Allante for $500. Yes, $500!

Of course, there are caveats to my good find, and I need you to help me out! I've browsed the forums for a while today, but none seem to answer my problems directly. So, here goes:

- EVERYTHING FLASHES! The head/tail lights, whole digital dashboard, etc. What gives?

- battery is dead... and it takes a suburban jump PLUS an electric battery charger (at the same time) to get it started.
- while driving it home (yes, it drives and it was only $500!), the transmission downshifts intermittently...
- antenna is stuck in up position... again, gotta test that motor too.

Sick car, disappointed buyer.

I have acquired another Allante but after buying the car I had problems dealing with the license bureau. The car also has a cracked windshield, brake problems and electrical gremlins, so there were going to issue a salvage title.

My new project is to dismantle the car and sell the parts to anyone trying to keep another Allante alive. It is and '87 Allante HU100466. Pearl white and red interior. If you need any parts PM me before they go on Ebay.

President of Allante club dumps Allante ...

ebay item # 140215164754

This 1993 Cadillac Allanté is a true rolling classic. This was a very late production car of the Allanté run. There were only 39 cars built after this one. It was built in July of 1993 and the last Allanté was built July 15th of 1993. The color is called Polo Green which was available only in ’93 for an Allanté.It has a fine gold metal flake in the paint and the two tone neutral interior. This car is in perfect condition as you can tell by the pictures.There are NO door dings what so ever.It is ALL original including the rare 93 only chrome wheels.It has the analog dash cluster.I have personally driven this car the last two months and EVERYTHING works perfect. This car is a solid 9. It needs absolutely nothing.This is the time of year to buy a car like this as convertibles will go up in price by a couple of thousand dollars within a few months.The car has no factory hardtop, but I could help you find one.The going price is about $5,000.00 for a true 93 hardtop.The 93 Allanté is the year to own.Cadillac finally put a car on the market that truly was what the consumer was looking for.The ‘93 Allanté was the only year with the Northstar engine, which added 100 horsepower.The car had bigger & more comfortable seats, a cup holder, better suspension, stronger transmission, better stereo, just to name a few of the improvements. I have run a Car Fax on this car. It is a one owner car, with an absolute clean Car Fax history. If you want a copy I can fax to you. The air blows ice cold. The interior is in perfect shape with no rips and tears or wear spots. EVERYTHING ON THE CAR, INSIDE AND OUT, WORKS PERFECTLY! This car is looking for a new owner to enjoy the summer with. I am the president of the Allanté Club of America and know these cars inside and out. This is a great car. Bid with confidence. If you need help arranging shipping we will be glad to help. Special arrangements can be made for International buyers. We can deliver the car to the Long Beach, California ship yard. Any questions call Tom Rohner at 619-807-8770

Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)
Default RE: hey Bill .. a $500 Allante

this is from the advertisements on the home page of Allantenet, which should give us a clue as to what Tom is looking for this car. It will be interesting to see comments from members who have bought a car from Tom. I can't help that think that any car he sold would have to be very well re-conditioned.

1-9-07 93 Polo Green Neutral 112K

Very nice late 93 car. 40th from the last built. Factory Chrome Wheels. Everything works perfect. Body is straight with no door dings $9,995 OBO Trades Considered