Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Cadillac Allante Digital dash / cluster got wet

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM

I may have dropped CELL in the battery as it measures 8-9 after being on the charger overnight. More later

Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Default strangeness ...

So the dash and seats got wet, at least the top was on. Couple days later the Allante is acting sick. I assumed it was from the rain. Bought a fan, pulled panels and covers off to air out. Put the battery on trickle charge overnight. This morning started doing diagnostics, according to the Bible. Bad voltage everywhere .... finally I checked the newly charged battery ... 8.9v. So the Allante may not be sick just a little anemic. It will take a couple of days for a new battery to reach these backwoods so not much will happen. Seems I don't drive the car enough to keep the battery in top condition so I am installing a trickle charger in the battery compartment to improve this situation.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM

My Allante lives! The shower she took didn't appear to affect any systems. What have I learned???? Never turn a wrench or pull a panel without checking the Battery voltage first. Low voltage will affect everything and drive you crazy!
A QUESTION Is mine the only Allante that will not start if the steering wheel is tilted up??? Now if someone would sell me a black or red center console (she didn't look that heavy!) to replace my damaged one, I'd be good to go.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by steveocombs
My Allante lives! Now if someone would sell me a black or red center console (she didn't look that heavy!) to replace my damaged one, I'd be good to go.
Sounds like a story unto itself!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Certified Members

My Allante lives! The shower she took didn't appear to affect any systems. What have I learned???? Never turn a wrench or pull a panel without checking the Battery voltage first. Low voltage will affect everything and drive you crazy!
A QUESTION Is mine the only Allante that will not start if the steering wheel is tilted up??? Now if someone would sell me a black or red center console (she didn't look that heavy!) to replace my damaged one, I'd be good to go.
troubles coming ...

Now if someone would sell me a black or red center console (she didn't look that heavy!) to replace my damaged one, I'd be good to go.
sitting or standing?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Default tilted up

Actually it's been that way since I bought it back in 94. I just look at it as an extra security feature. Just me huh? by the way sitting!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Certified Members

for awhile there were numerous incidents of the soft top cover being crushed.
those parades took a toll on several cars when not-so-light ladies sat on areas not meant for that purpose.

I bet stepping on the center console on the way to the soft top cover also did some damage on some cars.

Actually it's been that way since I bought it back in 94. I just look at it as an extra security feature. Just me huh? by the way sitting!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Red face ooops my mistake

I thought you meant by asking sitting or standing you were referring to my observational judgement ... meaning when I thought she wasn't that heavy was she sitting at a table or standing up! Regardless, the console is broken in several places and I'm in search of another one.