Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Cadillac Allante and Allanté XYZ facts ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Default Is there a video on this?

Originally Posted by Stealth
TOP PULL DOWN - gear stripped, plastic gear housing cracked? a trunk pull down from the same era sedan or Eldo and swap the metal latch assembly to the plastic housing and gear assembly of the donor car. The only thing specifically different on a top pull down is the latch and trigger switch behind it. ~carnut
I found a pull down assembly that doesn't operate. Is there a video or step by step instruction for replacing the motor?

Old 06-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Default Is there a video on this?

Originally Posted by Stealth
TOP PULL DOWN - gear stripped, plastic gear housing cracked? a trunk pull down from the same era sedan or Eldo and swap the metal latch assembly to the plastic housing and gear assembly of the donor car. The only thing specifically different on a top pull down is the latch and trigger switch behind it. ~carnut
I found a pull down assembly that doesn't operate. Is there a video or step by step instruction for replacing the motor?

Old 04-25-2023, 05:44 PM

Thanks Guys, I did find a broken pull down motor on eBay, then a replacement plastic housing, and rebuilt it myself. The real trick was in getting the pull down and release settings adjusted. When I have the hard top removed, the soft top works perfectly. but the hard top is missing a "J hook" that engages with the pull down motor. Anybody know where I can find one, or make one myself? As it is now the hardtop doesn't seat firmly, and rattles.