1993 RWD Fleetwood Brougham - alignment steering issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Default 1993 RWD Fleetwood Brougham - alignment steering issues

I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I recently replaced the steering components on my car and something is obviously wrong. Inner and outer tie rods, stabilizer hydraulic, center link assembly, and maybe something else. It has been a month or so. I have tried to align with toe plates but have been unsuccessful. It generally pulls to the right 80 percent of the time. I must hold the steering wheel center when it is pulling to the right or the car will instantly go to the right. However, and even more confusingly, if I turn the steering wheel to the left far enough when going straight down the road (45 m.p.h +) the steering wheel and the car will quickly jerk to the left (then let off) and but then pull to the left. Sometimes while driving me steering wheel will be holding left, but the car is pulling to the left and I am counteracting it by turning right, even though the wheel is cocked to the left. Now, if I turn the steering wheel far enough to the right, it will quick jerk to the right and then keep pulling to the right.

What the heck is happening! Here are some of the part numbers I purchased when making replacement. I am wondering if I installed incorrect parts, damaged parts, or what it might be. Any help is appreciated. I replaced the parts because they were worn, but I would have taken worn parts to this.

ACDelco 45B1058 - center link assembly

AC Delco 46A0590A ‑ Inner Steering Tie Rod End

ACDelco 46A0590A Advantage Inner Steering Tie Rod ACDelco 46A0590A Advantage Inner Steering Tie Rod

I also bought a new steering stabilizer -KYBSS10200(Off brand)

Old 08-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Bueller?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 PM

Did you solve problem?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 AM

No, I did not. Haven't had time to look.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:39 PM

It may not be front end parts but could possible be the speed sensing gearbox, or control arm bushings or ball joints!
Mine was the draglink, I have the FE7 heavy duty that is obsolete, so i had to use standard centerlink and modify inner tie rods.
It doesn't wander nearly as bad as it did, but still has some wander that I wonder if the speed sensing gearbox is culprit

Old 05-27-2019, 09:52 PM

For anyone wondering what the problem is at least called, it is referred to as "memory steer." I replaced the center link thinking that I received the wrong one. Well, that did not fix it. It still has the same issues. I brought it in to an alignment shop (one that I trust not something like Walmart) and the guy thought the ball joints looked fine. I have also replaced the outer tie rods. I'm really stumped on this one. The problem was not there before the install of the parts the first go around, and then they were instantly there after install - I must have done something. What are the chanced a sensor would go bad causing this? Unlikely. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?