Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by DBice
I have a 2007 Escalade with 75,000 miles. 3 weeks ago the drivers door handle broke and now last week the passenger rear door handle broke. It looks like I need to take stock and keep a couple in the car when traveling? Has anyone had any luck with GM?
If you're interested in working with a dealership on this, we can check into this further with you. Please send us your name and contact information, as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Sarah (Assisting Greg)
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Angry Broken Door Handles

The passenger door handle of my 08 Escalade broke a few months ago. It cost $250 to fix. Now my driver door handle breaks. I cannot believe such cheap plastic materials were used in a $70K+ vehicle. The very first thing anyone touches is the door handle. Engineers and bean counters need to be fired for cheap shortcuts. I know GM is struggling but this is now way to come back.

I am extremely disappointed. This is my first Cadillac and will be my last. My upper dashboard cracked right above the steering wheel. Now I cannot see anything but another design flaw and bulging cracked plastic as I drive. The trailer hitch cover just fell off. The door trim on the back door popped loose and rubs against the front door. The engine drinks oil like a sailor on leave...but no signs of leaks. There are a number of other small issues. I treat my cars with love and respect. I do not expect such petty problems for the price paid. The bills are adding up. I am almost at the point of telling the dealer to come pick it up and go back to my BMW.

Dr. Danny McCoy

Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM

Where is Cadillac Customer Service on these quality issuesposted on this blog? It seems as if theyhave turned their back on these issues. Fora luxury automobile manufacturing to treat customers like this seems to show extremelypoor customer service on their behalf. Who would you buy another Cadillac if this is how they address these concerns fromcustomers? I think that my money wouldbe better spent somewhere else beside Cadillac or for that matter GM.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cruznc6
Where is Cadillac Customer Service on these quality issuesposted on this blog? It seems as if theyhave turned their back on these issues. Fora luxury automobile manufacturing to treat customers like this seems to show extremelypoor customer service on their behalf. Who would you buy another Cadillac if this is how they address these concerns fromcustomers? I think that my money wouldbe better spent somewhere else beside Cadillac or for that matter GM.
Hello cruznc6,

I am sorry if you are experiencing issues with your Cadillac vehicle. If you have questions or concerns you would like to further discuss with us, please reach out via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. We are here to assist our customers the best we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ifeu413
The passenger door handle of my 08 Escalade broke a few months ago. It cost $250 to fix. Now my driver door handle breaks. I cannot believe such cheap plastic materials were used in a $70K+ vehicle. The very first thing anyone touches is the door handle. Engineers and bean counters need to be fired for cheap shortcuts. I know GM is struggling but this is now way to come back.

I am extremely disappointed. This is my first Cadillac and will be my last. My upper dashboard cracked right above the steering wheel. Now I cannot see anything but another design flaw and bulging cracked plastic as I drive. The trailer hitch cover just fell off. The door trim on the back door popped loose and rubs against the front door. The engine drinks oil like a sailor on leave...but no signs of leaks. There are a number of other small issues. I treat my cars with love and respect. I do not expect such petty problems for the price paid. The bills are adding up. I am almost at the point of telling the dealer to come pick it up and go back to my BMW.

Dr. Danny McCoy
Hello Danny,

I am sorry to hear the door handles broke on your Escalade and of the other trouble you are dealing with in regards to your vehicle. I understand your disappointment with your situation. I would like to be given the opportunity to further discuss these concerns with you. Please reach out via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Smile

Dr. Danny McCoy
The day after I posted my frustrations Cadillac Customer Care contacted me. I was very surprised. I have a whole new opinion of Cadillac! They asked me a few questions to get their process rolling and now I have a brand new door handle and dashboard. As they were moving through their process, they were sure to give me a call and update me on the progress. I felt like they were thinking of me and I was their only priority. My representative, Roberto, genuinely cared and did everything in his power to make it easy one me and get the problems fixed. I now feel proud again to be driving my Escalade. I am no longer embarrassed to valet park and tell them to be careful not to pull the handle off. Cadillac, you saw a problem and proactively fixed it. One could not ask for anything more. Thank you.

Dr. Danny McCoy

Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 PM

The day after I posted my frustrations Cadillac Customer Care contacted me. I was very surprised. I have a whole new opinion of Cadillac! They asked me a few questions to get their process rolling and now I have a brand new door handle and dashboard. As they were moving through their process, they were sure to give me a call and update me on the progress. I felt like they were thinking of me and I was their only priority. My representative, Roberto, genuinely cared and did everything in his power to make it easy one me and get the problems fixed. I now feel proud again to be driving my Escalade. I am no longer embarrassed to valet park and tell them to be careful not to pull the handle off. Cadillac, you saw a problem and proactively fixed it. One could not ask for anything more. Thank you.

Dr. Danny McCoy
Hello Danny,

Thanks for updating us on your situation. I am happy your vehicle issues were fixed and you are currently satisfied with your Escalade. We are here to help our customers the best we can! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with anything else.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 09-21-2013, 07:58 AM

I have contacted a dozen dealerships and the online Cadillac help and no one is willing to give me a break. I keep reading about how a few customers were taking care of but when I try to contact the customer rep that supposably helped them they are not willing to assist me. I am starting to think it is cadillac personal that are posting lies on here to make people regain trust in cadillac. It wouldnt be a new tactic. My 08 escalade has had all 4 doors replaced in the last 4 years and Cadillac has always charged me $350+ per door although it is a $15 part that can be installed in less than an hour. This is a safety defect which puts many lives at risk and all the dealer cares about is benefiting from it. Chevy owns Cadillac. The Tahoe has the exact same frame and most parts are interchangeable. The door handles on the Tahoe are made of chrome plated steel and the more expensive Cadillac was purposely designed with fake chrome plated plastic. Im sure they spent a million dollars making sure the handles won't last more than 5 years in order to keep operational cadillac's scarce and protect the company's best interest.

Last edited by jeremywetch; 09-21-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:31 PM

You could try putting the Tahoe handles on a Cadillac, it's actually GM that owns both Cadillac and Chevrolet. If you go down option vs option, the Escalade is really a GMC Yukon Denali, with a small amount of differences. The dashboard, seats, engine, etc are all identical. Maybe talk with a body shop pro to see if either a Tahoe or GMC door handle will work.

TS

Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Exactly what I've been thingking about, how come a plastic handle can be use in an SUV when the doors by themselves are heavy. My driver’s door handle just broke completely off and I suffer from bad arthritis, it is hard trying to reach over to open my door from the passanger side, when I checked with the dealer they told me that they don’t see this problem with the handles often, after I saw and read all the postings I'm amazed to see how often this happens and that a recall hasn’t been put into effect yet. All the handles in my 2007 Cadillac Escalade are broken with the one on the driver’s side being completely broken off, I for one can’t afford to spend around $1,000 in plastic handles when the issue here I believe is that these plastic handles shoundn’t never been used in these SUV’s or any other car, I'm not sure if anyone is having problems with the handles on the inside, the paint is cracked and it feels razor sharp, the inside handles where replaced in 2009 by the dealer cause at that time I had the problem that I'm having again and cut my fingers if I'm not paying attention when I touch the handle. Please Cadillac, I need to find out ASAP if there is something you can do to fix this very wide spread problem with the 2007 Cadillac Escalade, its getting cold too quickly here in Utah and pain is harder to handle, so reaching or climbing over it’s not for me. Please Help!

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade