Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

2007 Escalade EXT & Bluetooth & Cell Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Default 2007 Escalade EXT & Bluetooth & Cell Service

Hi,

Just picked up my new EXT over the weekend and have been trying to find the best solution for my wireless needs. The sales guy said I could use my cell phone minutes, which are Cingular. Come to find out, Onstar currently works with Verizon. Does anyone know if they will be adding other carriers? I've also talked to Onstar & Verizon in regards to how the whole phone thing works as what I'm looking for is too find out if you are double charged when using the vechicle car phone. Does it actually give you the same benefits of your package, i.e. unlimited nights & weekends, no roaming or long distant charges, etc? Both organizations have asked me to call the other, so I'm not getting the best of answers.

Ideally, I would like to find a 3rd part add-on to add bluetooth support to the EXT, so I could utilize the system in the car with my bluetooth phone. My Infiniti has this option and I can utilize my own cell service and reap their benefits. So if anyone knows of any bluetooth add-on, etc. that would be great! Thanks!