Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Mudguards?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Default Mudguards?

Any of your EXT owners have mudguards on your truck, or know where to get some nice, molded muguards? I don't like the traditional "mudflaps" that are flat, non-contoured and generic. Molded ones fit correctly to the body, and are paintable. My wheels (305 40 R22's) stick out a little more than stock and always throws dirt and rocks against the painted rear quarter panel.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Default RE: Mudguards?

I have factory molded guards for the Avalanche as well as the SRX. They look great. I agree with you, the flapping versions are too down scale. I also have molded guards for my Z06 Corvette although we haven't had the nerve to mount them yet. There's something about drilling into a limited production vehicle that gives one pause.

Suspect you have them by now but if not, call my brother-in-law at Edwards Archer in Council Bluffs, IA. He's the parts manager there. His name is Larry Mejack and he'll find them for you, if Cadillac offers them. Otherwise, Husky makes them for Escalades.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Iowavette,

I've gotten 2 sets from the Chevy/Caddy dealership in town. It took them about 30 minutes to find the right ones. They weren't even listed on GMParts.com. I purchased paint that was matched to my car to have the mudguards painted. The rear guards are molded, and look great. GM doesn't make a molded front set, so I have a generic front set that the dealership stocked. I'll painted them all around and mount them.

Thanks for your help,

Old 06-28-2006, 12:56 PM

Iowavette,

I know how you feel about drilling the vette, but for me, I'd rather save the paint from rocks, so I've drilled mine. I'm actually on my second front set of mudguards for the vette. Here is a website of what it looks like:

http://www.millenniumcorvettes.com/i.../kingston.html

One caveat if you plan on putting mudguards for the front wheels: Mine are 2 inches from the ground, so you can't drive over speedbumps, or they'll get crushed. It's kind of a curse, because I don't drive the vette nearly as many places as I would without the guards. Mine are Altec mudguards. Anyways, that's my 2 cents!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 AM

I looked at some factory mudguards at ebay and the front units work very well to keep mud and slush off of the factory running boards. If ever you'll find the guts to mount those mudguards, if you drill into the metal, coat the screws with grease before instaling them to prevent rust.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:43 PM

Has anyone come across any molded guards for the 2007 EXT?