Cadillac ESV For those who need a bit more space than is offered in the Escalade, the ESV offers seating for 8 adults

Second row bench seats for ESV

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Default Second row bench seats for ESV

Greetings all !
recently got a 2005 ESV platinum with captains chairs for the second row. Im looking for a 60/40 second row to either temporarily or permanently replace those chairs. got three small children and want to ditch that pull-out third row bench when we do some road-trippin this summer. I picked up a 60/40 bench already but it turned out to be from a "shorty" escalade and the brackets for the floor are all different. i am researching whether i can just buy the brackets for the ESV seats and swap the cushions over from the shorty seat i got , but in the meantime i'm still looking for a second row bench. I'm open to input on any or all of the above.

thanks

Old 05-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Certified Members

The second row seats should be the same between the Escalade and ESV. I don't think changing brackets will work. Suburban, Tahoe, and Yukons are also possible donors although covers maybe different.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:26 PM

unfortunately that is not true as i found out the hard way. the rear floor pan is different in a regular ( what i call "shorty") Escalade and an ESV. i was especially embarrassed as a former Cadillac dealer service dept tech to be proven wrong on this when i found an awesome deal on craigslist for a bench and took it home to swap it out only to find out that the mounting brackets on the shorty have a multi-level bolting surface while the ESV ones are pretty much totally flat. I currently have a friend in the parts dept at my former cadillac employer researching whether the cushions/covers/upper frames are the same between ESV's and shorty's but havent heard back yet. now im reaching out everywhere trying to find some....