Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Will backup camera void part of warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Default Will backup camera void part of warranty?

I am thinking of installing a backup camera to my 06 ESV. However, I was told by one of the installers that having a NavTV box in the dash, if my truck has electrical problem or the check engine light comes on, the dealer may refuse or charge me for any electrical work, pointing the problem to that box. Is this true?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Will backup camera void part of warranty?

May,may not. Depends on how its installed. Failures directly caused by its installation would not be covered. Mistakes made by installer tying into the wrong wires. Modifications to dash to make it fit or to mount it that cause noises (rattles and squeaks). You could also be charged labor fees to remove equipment if your vehicle has a concern and it is determined it has to removed, as part of diagnosis of what turns out to be warranty concern. Every dealer operates a little different; one dealer may make thing difficults while other may be more reasonable. Radical mods be prepared to lose warranty in effected areas. Be hard to deal with or unreasonable, or blast dealer on csi surveys (dissatisfied with service visit(s) ). Can or will caused even a good dealer to deny warranty or push for warranty block, due to mods.There are stand alone nav and rear view systems on the market which operate independently from the vehicle, you want to consider one of them. If installer is letting your know the risk, most likely he knows someone who got in the voided warranty situation.