Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

TECH 2 needed ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Default TECH 2 needed ??

Hi i got an -03 esv .. last day i did replace my uper ball joint , and this turn´d out to be a quite hard thing to do in a normal garage
.. i needed something better then a wise to press the new joint in place so il did left to a friend who got the rigth stuff ,,

well i live in sweden and on this time of year theres are lot´s of snow or rain , before i leave i did try to roll up the side windows , but the battery had low voltage so it didnet work at once ,

il had to roll it up until it stoped and then whait for the battry to catch its breath .. well at last the whole window was up and i leave for my friend

when il got back and had done my stuff il attached a starter battery to the car and turn´d it on .. yust to find out that both front seats was "lost in computerspace" .. i cant do anything to make the work , both the manoeuvre of them and the seatheat dosent answer to any of my prayers ,,

and the chairs is in the end position so il feel like an oragutang driving it right now ... is there some fuse i can pull or something else to reconect the seats with the computer or must i use an TECH 2 to make it work again ?

TECH2 ´s are as common as yellow escalades here in sweden .. i have seen one once :-(

is there some "emergency" way to adjust the seat ??

Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Default RE: TECH 2 needed ??

Im thinkin you may need to start with a new battery. You cant be having low voltage. It will mess up your computer big time.
And also !!! Be very very careful if you want to use a "starter battery", (if you boost)....that can fry many things.

Maybe you can try to disconnect the battery power for about 5 minutes. Take off the red ? one. Then reconnect with a "GOOD" battery. NOT one that is dying. Get rid of the bad one.

That may help to re-learn the system. You need a good battery to be able to remember everything.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Is there an owners manual in the glove box? If so it will tell you which fuses operate seats. If there is no owneres manual, they can be bought on e-bay. Or maybe someone here will have one and can post the fuse position for you. Good luck and have some reindeer sausage for me.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: KlrOntherd

Im thinkin you may need to start with a new battery. You cant be having low voltage. It will mess up your computer big time.
And also !!! Be very very careful if you want to use a "starter battery", (if you boost)....that can fry many things.

Maybe you can try to disconnect the battery power for about 5 minutes. Take off the red ? one. Then reconnect with a "GOOD" battery. NOT one that is dying. Get rid of the bad one.

That may help to re-learn the system. You need a good battery to be able to remember everything.
well the battry isent the problem ,,its fresch , it messures over 1200 cca today after i loaded it ,, the reson why it broke down was yust my radio and probebly was the key in "run" positon yust to make shore il could turn the wheels ,,, theres lots of power that drains a battry when the alternator not is runing in todays cars

Old 12-06-2008, 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Is there an owners manual in the glove box? If so it will tell you which fuses operate seats. If there is no owneres manual, they can be bought on e-bay. Or maybe someone here will have one and can post the fuse position for you. Good luck and have some reindeer sausage for me.
i have checked out the fuses . they are okay .. this is an canbus problem , (data) but what i am searcing for is to see if someone have found out any way to "jumpstart" the seats ,, not everyone carries an TECH 2 in there pants while driving *lol*

Old 12-06-2008, 09:15 AM

Problem solved ,,, no fuse, no battery replaced ,, yust unpluggd the battery ones again and when i reconected it al started up again ,, DAMN COMPUTERS ,, i´v already done that earlyer butthat time it dident work ,, well now it worked so i am pleased BUT on the sametime i hate to solv problems and in the end dosent got a clue how il did it !! ( its not a common problem but anyway )