Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

service air ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Default service air ride

Well fellows I finally received my new air pump from Arnott Industries today ($192.00 shipped). Install was easy. What I had to do was, use factory wire connection plug, splicing new wires with old. I elected to solder wires then shrink wrap them. I also had to find a new bolt, nut and corresponding washers for the air dryer, the new Arnott did NOT have a threaded bracket like the factory orignal.

**A word of caution, When I disconnected the air line itself there is a U shaped plastic retainer. It was brittle and snapped in half. I used some small baling wire to temporarily hold it, I am heading to the dealer for a new this afternoon. The U retainer is not included in the Arnott kit (should be)!

After install started truck and no more "service air ride"

yippeee

Old 02-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by jnrsesv
Well fellows I finally received my new air pump from Arnott Industries today ($192.00 shipped). Install was easy. What I had to do was, use factory wire connection plug, splicing new wires with old. I elected to solder wires then shrink wrap them. I also had to find a new bolt, nut and corresponding washers for the air dryer, the new Arnott did NOT have a threaded bracket like the factory orignal.

**A word of caution, When I disconnected the air line itself there is a U shaped plastic retainer. It was brittle and snapped in half. I used some small baling wire to temporarily hold it, I am heading to the dealer for a new this afternoon. The U retainer is not included in the Arnott kit (should be)!

After install started truck and no more "service air ride"

yippeee
Rick, how long did it take you to do?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Carl, from start to finish about 1 1/2 hours. I should have taken pictures of the procedure and possibly asked for one of the mods here to FAQ them with full details. I was just to excited to install it. If anyone here evers asks I will redo the procedure and post pics if requested. That would take less than a half hour.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by jnrsesv
Carl, from start to finish about 1 1/2 hours. I should have taken pictures of the procedure and possibly asked for one of the mods here to FAQ them with full details. I was just to excited to install it. If anyone here evers asks I will redo the procedure and post pics if requested. That would take less than a half hour.
Thanks