Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Default Poor Customer Service

We have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and have had one door handle replaced and now a second door handle has broken. When I had the first door handle replaced, I asked that they repair all of them since I had read that they are faulty. They declined and said to bring the vehicle back if any of the other handles broke. We have since moved out of the area and Cadillac will not honor that offer. We have to pay for the replacement door handle. I know that it is not a expensive repair, but when you pay this much for a vehicle with a trusted name like Cadillac, shouldn't the doors work?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Playing Devil's Advocate:
If you read between the lines (what your other Cadillac dealer said), they were not saying you could come back to get them done for free (unless they did). Also, since there's no recall notice, so according to Cadillac, they're not faulty. Just like any other automaker, they could say a water leak or other "Acts Of God" could've weakened them.

It would be better to take it to an independent body shop to replace them. It'll save you hundreds of dollars over Cadillac charges, and they may replace them with better materials. AutoMD can tell you what body shops in your area charge per hour.

TS