Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

new to sight and my new truck have some troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Default new to sight and my new truck have some troubles

hi my name is Joe and i am now an owner of a 2000 cadillac escalade. I have always wanted one and I finally found one I liked. Mine is black with the tan leather and actually if anyone is looking for any accessories my truck came with some 24" lorenzo wheels and a speaker box with dual 1200 watt brutus subwoofers and a 1200 watt hiphonics amp if anyone is interested....

I was actually wondering if anyone knew about the transfercase issues with these suvs. Mine has the option of 2wd awd and 4hi and 4 lo.I have seen they are called auto trac transfercases. i seem to have some play in the case when i accelerate there is a clunk noiseand i checked the drivetrain and there is play in the transfercase. i found on a general transfercase websight that these cases specifically are very picky when it comes to the fluid.. i am able to repair things myself and i was actually just looking to see where the bearings are and how to get them out and i saw this.. i have already drained the fluid and it is the correct fluid...

Does anyone know how to fix this play or where i should look or talk to or a websight... anyone out there have the same problem? Any help would be great thanks..