Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

General Motors Releases the Price of the new Escalade Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Default General Motors Releases the Price of the new Escalade Hybrid

General Motors showed us earlier this year that even big SUVs could be eco-friendly with the GMC Yukon Hybrid, and with the debut of the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, GM is showing that you can have good fuel economy in one of the highest luxury level SUVs in the United States. Like the GMC model, the Escalade hybrid comes equipped with a two-stage hybrid engine system, mating a 6.0L V8 to an electric engine that allows the vehicle to get a reported 20-21mpg. This gives a hybrid owner roughly 50% better fuel mileage than the standard Escalade owners, but it is not without a price hike.

Where the “normal” 2008 Escalade can be purchased for around $69,000, the Hybrid model will set you back some $72,000, but that roughly 5% price increase is easily offset by the 50% efficiency increase. With fuel costs constantly on the rise, if you are in the market for a luxury SUV, this new Caddy hybrid offers all of the exterior chrome and interior comforts that you would expect from a luxury SUV, but with substantially better fuel economy than any other vehicle in its class. Like other GM hybrid models, the Escalade wears the gigantic “HYBRID” decal along each lower side of the vehicle, so onlookers will recognize that not only do you have style and class, but you also have a heart for the environment.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 PM

In Russia, green cars (especially Suvs) are not popular. I think Escalade should be redesigned by its small faults, and not quite reliable engine, http://www.car-or-car.com/CADILLAC/C..._2008_1_1.html

Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 AM

?????????????????????

Old 11-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Default Cadillac needs a pure-electric vehicle!

The ELR is beautiful and the CT6 hybrid will be even more attractive. I've owned several Cadillacs in the past - I love the styling of the cars and the brand itself. But I won't buy an ELR or a CT6 because they're not fully electric vehicles. Right now I have a Tesla Model S. I'd love to buy a Cadillac but I won't because the Cadillacs use gasoline. Cadillac should just dump the whole hybrid idea and sell an emissions-free pure electric. Hybrids aren't that efficient and they're not that clean and, in my view, they don't make much engineering sense. The range of a battery-powered car would be so much greater if it didn't have to pull around a combustion engine and a tank full of fuel.

For reasons I can't fathom, Cadillac and GM just won't let themselves believe that there's a solid business case behind a pure electric. But hasn't Tesla proved that pure EV buyers are out there? I did some research at this website: Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard. So far in 2015, Cadillac has sold 822 ELRs. Tesla has sold 18,900 Model Ss! In fact, I'd guess that Tesla has probably sold more Model Ss than all of GM's hybrids combined. Maybe there's just something in the corporate and political culture at GM that just won't let them believe they can make money selling pure electrics. Plus, cutting carbon emissions has to be a priority, so selling zero-emission vehicles is the right thing to do - and Cadillac needs to do it!

Another note. No luxury two-door pure electric that I know of is available. If the ELR were a pure electric, I would've been first in line to buy one!

Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 PM

Well, I guess I changed my mind! I just bought a used 2014 ELR - I'm waiting for it to be delivered! I was hoping for a CT6 Hybrid but my dealer had absolutely no information about one...

Old 11-17-2016, 11:56 AM

who buy and install this "slam stop" for Escalade?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182357279202