Driver-side power window switch compatibility - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Go Back  Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners > Cadillac Models > Cadillac Escalade
Reload this Page >

Driver-side power window switch compatibility

Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Driver-side power window switch compatibility

Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 AM
Default Driver-side power window switch compatibility

Hi,
Iím a brand new member today! Actually, Iíve been reading through the very helpful threads for the last year but decided to make it official today!

Iím the proud owner of a Black 2008 Cadillac Escalade (Platinum edition) and today, I finally have a question that I couldnít find anywhere on the forum.

Iím currently dealing with the infamous semi-working driver door window/lock master switch and need to know if a 2009 or 2010 master switch panel will work for my 2008?

They physically appear to be EXACTLY the same on the exterior but I want to make sure something wasnít changed inside on the circuit board for the next yearís model?

Any advice, assistance, or any personal experiences would be much appreciated! Thanks

Old 11-04-2018, 10:44 AM

Anyone at all? I really need some assistance please! Compatibility between 2009 vs 2008 driver master window/lock switch?

Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Okay, I believe it is compatible, based on a little research I've done. I believe the only issue is that it will need to be programmed to the vehicle at the stealership if the switch is new, just like a new 2008 switch would need.

Can anyone confirm this to be true? Did I post this question in the correct place? Wow, I thought this forum had more "experienced" Cadillac owners and even a few GM service techs that actively participated?