Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

drivers side door panel and switch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Default drivers side door panel and switch?

Hey, I am new here and new with caddys. Sorry if i sound dumb but my girlfriend's 97 deville window rolled down last night and wouldnt roll up. I went out to look at the switch suspecting it was the switch that went out. i played with the switches and noted that all other 3 passanger window switches on drivers side clicked both up and down ways. but the drivers side switch only clicked when i pressed down, when i pressed up there was no clicking nothing. so im sure its an bad switch or contact inside. i was trying to remove the door panel but i couldnt find any screws or anything. i wasnt sure if it was fastened by those white plastic clips thing like most of the other cars since this caddy deville has front side airbags also. i tried jerking on the door panel trim a little, it would move just barely but not much. i didnt want to just rip it off like i do with my olds cutlass or my s10 pick up those doesnt got airbags so i was worried if i did that to the deville, the airbag would deploy or get messed up in some way.

any input would be much apprepicated. thanks a lot for takin time to read this.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: drivers side door panel and switch?

The master switch panel lifts out so you do not need to remove thedoor panel. Use a flat larger sized screwdriver very carefully to lift the switch panel. It will pop out, trust me on this. These 97 -99 Deville drivers switches are a common problem and they sell for about $90 new. Try pressing the switch to the very front right side and sometimes contact will be made allowing the window to go up. The switch back has a fairly large plug in but you should be able to jump the connection to operate the window up once you unplug the switch.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: drivers side door panel and switch?

try holding the switch in the up position, while you close the door hard....... that might juke the switch to work enough to get the window up.... as Katzmans said you will have to replace the switch......this isa quick cure if it starts to rain...... :-) oh welcome to the Forum, and good luck
rickyd