Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

drivers door power door lock stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Default drivers door power door lock stopped working

Hi, my Mom's 2004 Seville has been fine until a couple of weeks ago when she went to get out of her car she thinks that she must have bumped something on her dash panel that controls her auto door locks, because the drivers door lock does not respond to any commands from either of the two fobs that come with the car. The only way she can lock her door now is with the key. I might add that she is 91 and sits pretty close to the steering wheel and sometimes does not use the exit button on the door when she wants to get out of the car. She has bumped some buttons and switches in the past that I have been able to readjust and reset for her but this time I'm just wondering if there is something that can control a single door lock like that or did the switch just go dead.

Thanks,
Pete

Old 08-05-2013, 08:56 AM

Well, I must be a putz, the Caddy fixed itself somehow and I'm happy that it did somehow, because I had no idea of what caused the problem in the first place. All I know is that the door locks are all working as they should and I don't have to scourer through the owners manual to figure out what to do with the car. Now I can concentrate on some real issues like mowing her lawn.

thanks
Pete