Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

2008 Escalade with excessive break squeals!!! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Default 2008 Escalade with excessive break squeals!!! Please Help!

Hello fellow Cadillac owners,

I was so proud to purchase my dream vehicle - a 2008 Escalade SUV - in June of this year. However, the excessive break squealing has really taken away from my Cadillac experience.

I took my Escalade to the dealer in August (less than 60 days after the purchase) because I noticed a very loud squealing noise whenever I applied pressure to the brakes while in Reverse. I tried to ignore it for a while but it got so bad that I turned heads - and not in a good way. I finally took it in for service and the dealership claimed to not have heard it. They resurfaced the rotors anyway and that actually made it go away for a while. I went back a second time in October for the same issue - loud break squealing when I applied pressure to the brakes while in Reverse. This time, they verified that they heard the sound. The serviceman even said that he had heard "church bells not as loud as my brakes!" They claimed to have fixed it that time. To my dismay, it started again a month later. I took my SUV back for a third time for the same issue. This time I talked to the service manager. I explained that I needed them to resolve this once and for all. I don't have time to keep bringing my truck in for the same issue. Supposedly, after keeping it nearly a week and "getting Cadillac's technical support involved," they fixed it. The Service Manager even told me that they may not be able to fix it because I may need some special brake pads that haven't even been manufactured yet? He said they did several things as directed by Cadillac Tech Support and had to let it all set and dry. Ironically, I got a call later that same evening saying that it was repaired.

During these 3 visits for the same issue, they have resurfaced the rotors, applied some type of lubricant to the brakes, and even replaced the rear brake pads. I am very upset to say that I heard it again yesterday so I have to take it in a fourth time. I am so upset that I don't want to take it in but I don't want to have to deal with that loud sound every time I reverse. I think this is absolutely ridiculous! This is the most expensive vehicle I've ever had in my life and it's my dream vehicle. I'm not paying this much money a month to have to hear loud brake squeals every single time I put my SUV in reverse and apply the brakes. I bought this SUV brand new, and I've owned it less than 6 months.

I don't know what to do at this point. I feel like I"m going to keep taking it back and forth and I am extremely frustrated. I haven't been compensated in any way and I had to basically force an apology out of the service manager for taking it in a third time. They give me a CTS each time I take it in - which they could at least give me another SUV. I have to take my daughter's car seat in and out each time and I am so frustrated. I believe I"m going to contact GM and get their Customer Service involved. I don't know how far that will give me but this dealership is killing me. They obviously can't fix it and will just keep doing a quick fix and giving it back to me until I get tired of taking it in.

Sorry for the long post but I'm frustrated. Are any of you out there experiencing this with your Escalade? If not, have you ever heard of such an issue?

Thanks for reading.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 2008 Escalade with excessive break squeals!!! Please Help!

Ask dealer if ceramic pads are available for it, they are generally the quietest type pad, and see if they will put them on. If no then push for a buy back, if the Cadillac Co. man cant fix it. Call Cadillac customer assistance and the dealership GM or dealer principle (owner) to make sure they understand your not happy.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Default RE: 2008 Escalade with excessive brueals!!! Please Help!eak sq

I have heard squeals on my escalade also. But I found out that my brakes made sounds from the brake dust. That might be it so check that out.