Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

2004 Escalade total power loss

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 08:24 AM
Default 2004 Escalade total power loss

Hi all. I have a 2004 Escalade base with 220000 on the odometer. Recently I went to start the truck and when I turned the key initially all was normal all sounds and accessories lit up but as I continued to turn the key at the moment when normally the engine would start to turn over and crank the truck immediately loss all electrical power everything went off simultaneously. Now the truck is completely without power. I recently replaced the battery and have been driving with no issues or indicators on the dash stating a problem. I feel it is an issue with fuses or a ground connection but I may be wrong I do a lot of my own wrenching but I’m limited when it comes to troubleshooting. I checked fuses under the dash and all seem to be ok. I also checked battery connections and it seems to be tight. So I’m stumped. Also I did notice when I first started to turn the key when at first everything lit up I did notice an orange keypad type of light on that I usually don’t notice. Not sure if it’s related or if it’s usually there on initial start up then goes off kinda like some other lights on my other vehicles. But I’m not totally sure. Thanks for any feedback or help

Old 04-12-2024, 05:46 AM

Did you test the battery?
If so, and it was fine:
Quite often at this age the battery cables can be beginning to fail.
While the cable ends at the battery may seem fine, you need to check the other ends (starter and ground) of the cables as well.