Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

New Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Default New Speakers

Hey Guys.I have a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado, with the factory Bose speakers. I have replaced the head unit with a Kenwood unit and used a Metra wiring harness to bypass the factory amplifier. All the speakers are running off the deck at this time. I would like to change the speakers but do not understand the connections. All of the speakers have four wires, not a simple positive and negative two wires... How do I wire these new speakers up to this? Please advise.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: New Speakers

Early Bose speakers have amplifiers built into them.There is no separate amp. I not sure how the well they work with your new radio.I would check with a knowledgable car audio shop for compatability, you may need new speakers to go with radio. Hope it helps

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi. The Bose speakers work fine with the new radio. My question is how do I wire the new speakers up?
I beleive this unit does have an amp, there is a box I bypasses in the right hand side of the trunk...

Old 10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

Car had componet stereo, part in trunk is the receiver and should have antenna coax going to it.To make Bose speakers work.Plug factory connector back in, orange and black / white wire power up amp, other two wires supply sound.It would be best to tie into wires at reciever if you can, but if have to tie in at speaker.You will also need to tie into p.antenna circuit so it powers up when radio is on. That circuit turns on amp relays that power amps within the Bose speakers.Now car does have 8 speakers 4 Bose and 4 regular. What wire is what should be on reciever.Hope it helps