Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

hesitation...i think

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Default hesitation...i think

OK, I have a 94 ETC with 82K. The problemo I am having is when I take-off (leadfoot it) from a stop sign or green light faster than in normal acceleration. The car seems to hesitate, i guess is the word for it? It feels almost like the transmission is slipping, or it isn't getting enough gas. The transmission is brand new (2yrs old) so I really don't think it's the tranny since I have no problems with it...I think. When accelerating, it shifts perfect when driving normally. After a few seconds of "the hesitation" I am experiencing, it stops and it's almost like a turbo kicks in and really feels how it should be. This is very annoying, especially since I can't get the full thrill of the Northstar power! I read through all the forums and can't find any with this type of issue. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me =]

Thanks
-Joe

Old 11-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: hesitation...i think

Hey JOWEE: If you are standing in front of the car with the air cleaner off do you see a device on the left side of the Throttle body that is connected to the throttle valve shaft. If so this is the TPS (throttle position sensor) It tells the computer what position the throttle is at so it can adjust the timing appropriately. If you have this on your engine then it is adjustable. It made all the difference in the world when my car had the same problem. If you don't have this on your ride, then the timing may be the issue. Hope this helps.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Default RE: hesitation...i think

Thanks alot!!!! I'll have to check that out and I will let you know if that was the problem.