Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Eldo Bose radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Default Eldo Bose radio problem

Hi all....Please excuse me for posting in the general section, but I just saw this Eldo section. I'm new to this site and hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having with my 2001 Eldo Bose radio. Twice, I've started the car and the radio refuses to come on. The power antenna doesn't raise, can't use the cassette or cd......nothing. I've tried turning the car off and restarting it, but nothing.The firsttime this happened, the radio and all components started working again in an hour.....the second time it took till the next day to work. Other then that....the Bose system works perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks, Craig

Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Eldo Bose radio problem

Hey there cjung: The toughest of problems to remedy are electrical gremlins. Have worked through many on my Fleetwood Br. First of all start with the simple things. Scout out all of the ground connections related to the sound system, undo the connection and clean it up, reattach it using some dielectric grease . Next pull the related fuses and clean the contact points. Finish up by checking all the power leads for clean connection and firm contact. If you have to go further than this I would be surprised, seeing as how your system seems to be working fine when it does play.Good luck with that...........

Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Craig, if you figure this one out, please let me know. This very same thing has happened to me.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Certified Members

Radio will store codes, check for and post if present.When radio starts working is clock correct or reset to either 10:00 or 12:00?Does car still have stock radio?

Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM

When mine does it's trick, the clock continues to work. When the radio comes back on the clock is at the right time. When it the radio wont come on pushing some of the buttons will get some lights on the display to work when the buttons are pressed but will go out when the buttons are released.

This is the stock Bose system.

Where do I find the radio codes?

Thanks.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Certified Members

Virginia John sound likes you need a new radio since pressing buttons will have some effect.cjung need info

Old 10-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Thanks slowroll. I have the stock Bose system....all original. Nothing has ever been added to our Eldo ETC. When the system does come back on, the clock is at the correct time and everything associated with the Bose system works as it should. I know that I am not losing power to the Bose because the clock is correct time. How can I check the codes? Do you think there may be a general problem associated with it (that Caddy will fix out of warranty)? Thanks, Craig

Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Certified Members

Out of warranty goodwill is iffy. bought it new, low miles,regular service customer, maybe. dont expect it to be free. Need to GM tech 2 to diag. it

Old 10-25-2007, 12:40 PM

slowroll, where do you find these radio codes?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Certified Members

Try pressing off and pass warmer on hvac control head, not sure if it going to work.I dont think codes will help you Your will need GM scanner to figure out whats wrong with radio.