car idles and drives rough, sometimes hard to start - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 09-09-2017, 04:36 PM

Default car idles and drives rough, sometimes hard to start

So i got my 95 eldorado about 3 years ago. it drove fine when i first got it, but then one day after i gave it an oil change; i went to start and it just started surging and idling rough. From that point on it has been hard to start, once its started it idles and drives rough. Besides those problems it is hard to track the problem since it doesnt do it all the time. I've replaced the fuel filter and replaced the spark plugs. i asked a few guys at a local shop and the said it could be a vacuum leak but if that was the case it would be doing it all the time.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stuck in Texas! 1990 DeVille runs and idles rough after 30 miles sbrant01 Cadillac Deville 0 03-17-2015 11:42 AM
hesitating and rough idles 05bonnygxp General Tech 0 11-11-2014 03:02 PM
2000 DTS Idles rough then stalls when hot GreggB Cadillac Deville 1 08-05-2014 01:16 PM
91 deville sometimes idles very ruff Ricklh Cadillac Coup DeVille 4 01-01-2009 07:10 PM
4.6 northstar eldorado hard to start and rough idle 97Caddy General Tech 5 09-12-2008 05:31 PM