Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Bose Stereo Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Default Bose Stereo Issue

Hello,

I just bought a black-on-black 2000 ETC yesterday (traded my 2001 Eclipse for it ), and I have to say I absolutely love the car. Only one thing doesn't seem to work, and that's the CD player portion of the Bose stereo. It refuses to read any CDs. Now, the dealership already said they'd fix/replace it for me, whether they get me a replacement stock head unit, or an aftermarket one. I'd prefer the factory unit, just to keep things uniform, and especially sinceI've been told that the factory Bose systems seem to be picky.But the guy I worked with on the deal said they may not be able to put in another factory head unit or repair it because of the potential for it to cost a lot. What do you guys think? I've checked various websites, and it doesn't seem like it'd be too expensive to replace, but I haven't yet gotten a clear cut answer.

Sorry if the answer to this is posted somewhere else, I searched and couldn't find it.

Thanks for your time!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Bose Stereo Issue

You would be better off if, you keep car all stock, radio and amp are in data system. Improper installation could cause other problems. GM cd players are picky a homemade or burned cds it best use store bought ones.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Bose Stereo Issue

I have a 98 eldo and i have an aftermarket set-up, but my car originally was the bose set-up. I dont use the head unit and it has a working cd player when I unistalled it. I can send you pictures if you are interested.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Default Thread: Bose Stereo Issue

Im kind of in the same boat.I have a 2004 DeVille and it did not come with the Bose system. I was looking for something else at the salvage yard and found a pristine set. I have the Bose in the rear doors and it sounds great! So I am trying to get the subwoofer in the back deck working to no avail. I also have troubles with the left rear window, it will not work. Ya reckon I have lost complete power to that side somewhere? I have the Chiltons manual but it is not just the most specific to all models. Does somone have a good wiring diagram of that general area? I have not changed out the head nor do I plan to. All fuses are good. Any help would certainly be appreciated!