STS vs DTS

Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Default STS vs DTS

Ok, so I wanted a DTS, but my wife says I'm 31, and that is an old mans car. My wife is 23, and feels like she would just die in that old mans car. God help us. Anyway, so I took my STS in for service, and they gave me a new DTS as a rental. After driving the DTS, I'm so happy that I bought the STS. Don't get me wrong, the DTS is very nice, but it doesn't hold you like the STS does. I guess that is why they call is a sport touring. I'm very happy with my purchase.

I know this is my two cents, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: STS vs DTS

Your 2 cents is as good as anyone else. If I were 31 and my wife was 8 years younger then me I might have the sts-v !!! My 2 cents!!!

Actually you should get a DTS also, for those times when you take the in-laws out to dinner. Plenty of room back there.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default GM Cadillac STS vs DTS

I loved the MK VII, I didn’t go for the Town car.
I love the Stang, I didn’t go for the Victoria.
I love the Allanté, I didn’t do well with the .. err .. never mind, I don’t want to **** off anyone in our site.
I love Bentleys, I don’t care for a Rolls.
I love Brabus MB, I don’t do well with the avg MB.
I love V8+'s, I don’t do well with 6 bangers.
I love ... err .. you get the point.

Cars can and often are personal expressions that now and then are driven by the populous without regard to logic or are driven by adrenalin/hormones.

There are subtle differences between choice and fear of public scrutiny, usually expressed by comments such as its an “old man’s car” or “No way I’m riding in that” not to be confused with “don’t like the feel of it” or “too damn slow.”

At the end of the day, two things must be considered .. 1) the personal perception, 2) personal preference, C) a family, a wife, a gf.

Full size Cadillacs are not for everyone, just as the smaller CTS is not for everyone. There is a whole crowd of Allanté owners that bash the Cadillac’s decision to manufacture the CTS which they think is a Cadillac abortion, yet they adore the DTS and the ElDo. Yet again, the CTS is hot, really hot.

I personally love both the CTS-V and the STS-V not feeling a lot of attraction for those other full size Cadies.

Within my personal preference, I am going along with the choice for the STS, your wife’s choice. Although for me, it could be an STS-V but the looks are about the same until you pop the hood.

As to Gary’s comment, I say let the in-laws buy the DTS and you can enjoy the ride in the back seat.
In-laws are happy, wife is happy, and that should make you very happy - dont fight it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/04CE6DE4E732487A9E4C9E93E18CD14C.jpg[/IMG][IMG]local://upfiles/2893/53ACEF365638474EB24B5BCBE492236C.jpg[/IMG]

2008 DTS

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/31104AFAC37545ABABC8ACFF5D117F53.jpg[/IMG][IMG]local://upfiles/2893/AA8F3844BC7B495FAAB1F8B06F1015FF.jpg[/IMG]

2008 STS

Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Default RE: GM Cadillac STS vs DTS

DTS is better looking but how about the new CTS ? You should go for it if you concern about it's older people car

Old 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Default RE: GM Cadillac STS vs DTS

Okay people, if 55 is old than I guess I'm an old fart but was so concerned that dts is considered an old man's car that I asked everybody I knew aged 22 - 55 their opinion. It was to be my 4th "deville" in 15 yrs but in my opinion the best looking of the bunch, nicer than the STS and more room as I always am the designated driver, part because I prefer to drive, like to drive and don't drink much. Was told it was really sharp and stay away from the light tan and/or white, but to get black as it's it's sportier looking. Bought an '06 w/ 26 miles on it about 6 - 8 mos ago and now kind of sorry I didn't wait for the new '08 CTS - love the interior - back to the std of excellence - nicer than mine. Anyway, I got black w/ sunroof, larger chrome rims, upgraded sound system and a few other upgrades - it was a factory exec car for one of the golf tourneys in Palm Springs. My favorites are the remote start to get the air going and the cooled seats. Now I don't give a **** really what people think - even though I feel I'm part of a livery service - because I'm in love w/ the car.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Default RE: STS vs DTS

For the record, I don't think the DTS is an old man's car at all, I think it's one of the nicest looking cars out there right now. The old man comment was what my wife says, but she isn't so bright, she proved that by marrying me.

I enjoyed your comments, I will leave the DTS purchase to the inlaws, and I really like the V, but I have seen my checking account.