Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Strutmasters replacement shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Default Strutmasters replacement shocks

I had posted earlier that I put the Strutmasters shock/strut replacement kit on my '96 Deville, and I wanted to give you all another update:

After I had the kit installed, I also went and put 2 new front tires on the car. After doing this, the car drove straight down the highway without pulling to one side or the other, however, there seemed to be a lot of road noise. I figured it was because of the tires (Michelin Symmetry). Anyway drove that way for about 6 weeks and ruined a new set of tires (so much for figurin'). Anyway took it to my local garage and found that the front tires were plowing down the highway and that even though the car was driving straight, the alignment was way out.

Had it aligned yesterday with new front tires and WOW! What a difference! The car drives like brand new.

Anyway, the Strutmasters kit is excellent and since the alignment, a lot less road noise. So I guess I learned that whenever changing front suspension, get the car aligned no matter how it feels.

Hope this helps anyone looking to invest in the Strutmasters kit.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Strutmasters replacement shocks

strabo40.... yes an alinement, with new tires, and or shocks/struts should go hand in hand. im suprised that wasn't suggested when you purchased them..... anyway glad to hear you got it "straight" down the road!
rickyd