Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Service AC System / AC Compressor Off

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Default RE: Service AC System / AC Compressor Off

as long as you pulled a vacuum and then charged into the vacuum you should be good.

I'm glad I could help cuz I went nuts trying to find out why my 90 deville was doing the same thing. I followed the diagnostic chart to the T and according to it I needed to replace a computer. Well, I'm glad I used the old coconut (my head) and figured it out.

What was stumping me is everything worked. ex. you turn on the A/C and then the computer sends the signal through multiple computers, relays, switches and whatnot to the compressor. the compressor would engage and then disengage like you turned it off. Which to me meant that for some reason the computer thought it need to disengaged the compressor. So I got to reading about the low side temp sensor and I redid the "sensor test" that diagnotic chart said to do. And acording to it the sensor was fine. Well I took a gamble (way easier then replacing a computer) and put in a new one. and it fired up and ran like a champ! I was so happy.

But now I have a leak in my evaporter. so I'm in the middle of putting in a new one. and then I will have one cold *** r134a conversion! Speaking of which if you get a leak in the evap. pay someone to do it.. It is the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ***.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Service AC System / AC Compressor Off

Man you don't know how much I appreciate the info, it's been running like a champ every since. Saved me major bucks. Dealer and other shops charge around $80 just to look at it. No telling what hoops they have made me jump through. Experience is key. Good luck with the evap, let me know how it goes.