Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Overheating issue i think...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 PM

well i just looked at the water pump THERE IS NO BELT!!! im going to replace the belt and pray i didnt blow the headgasket driving it home over heating

Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by 97devillenmd
well i just looked at the water pump THERE IS NO BELT!!! im going to replace the belt and pray i didnt blow the headgasket driving it home over heating
Originally Posted by stomper

lets forget the headgasket for now.

the only way a radiator will be cold while the engine overheats, is either the stat has failed, the water pump has failed, the belt has come off, every radiator duct has been blocked. there is no coolant in the system, or someone stuck a potato in the radiator hoses .. you need to figure that out before you go on.

Sensor? OK .. idle it for 10 minutes, sensor or no sensor, the radiator better be hot by then, even in Alaska.

should be OK .. the engine would have shut down if it got that hot.

however ....

you better redo the coolant again. once the coolant has been overheated, the protection can be used up.

can you tell us how it came to be that the belt was gone?
I trew that out as one of the posibilties but i really didn expect that to be the one. glad u took me serious and took a look.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 PM

guess what im a dumb *** the water pump did have a belt. i looked at the wrong side of the belt cover and it appeared it didnt have one now that i looked at the other side its on there. i contacted "THERMAGASKET" the supposibly have a northstar headgasket repair kit that seals it up, installs a stanley cap on the upper radiator house, converts the fans to kick on at 180temop instead of stock 215degrees, he guarantees it to work or i get my money back the kits start off at $129 and goes too $250 anyone ever heard of this stuff?? theres a video where the use this product and it completely stops the smoking from a blown gasket and overheating to normal again im gonna order it cuz it beats a $1500 repair let know any feedback on this stuff before i get it

Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Default Thermagasket!!

Okay everyone i received the Thermagasket kit yesterday for $130 thats all i needed the guy tried to sell me the whole northstar kit for $230 but some things were unnessasary. Dont beat me up about this but i was BROWSING ************ (BTW im not a member) but anyways thermagasket seems to get 100% feedback with guaranteed results or money back. so i will test it out and i pray it works i will do it this weekend and let all of u know if they actually created a cure for blown headgaskets without tearing it down. In this day of age they should of came up with something i just hope this it!

-JAY

Last edited by Stealth; 03-14-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Certified Members

What they don't tell you is - IT DOES NOT WORK WITH ANTI-FREEZE - ANTI-FREEZE DESOLVES IT!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 AM

i hope that you have gotten the issue resolved, but is what you need to do is remove the purge line from the top of the fill tank, and undo the other side that is the same diameter hose, if you pull the entire hose and its only about 2.5 feet wrong end follow the hose under the throttle body and back around to the water pump area. This is your purge line this is what is causing your over heating issue. i just purchased a 99 STS owner thought it had a blown HG sold it to me for $300 after an hour or so of diagnosing found clogged purge line, car runs perfect now

Old 03-13-2010, 05:38 PM

That was a waste of $129.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 AM

what was a waste of 129?????

Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 97devillenmd
Okay everyone i received the Thermagasket kit yesterday for $130 thats all i needed the guy tried to sell me the whole northstar kit for $230 but some things were unnessasary. Dont beat me up about this but i was BROWSING ************ (BTW im not a member) but anyways thermagasket seems to get 100% feedback with guaranteed results or money back. so i will test it out and i pray it works i will do it this weekend and let all of u know if they actually created a cure for blown headgaskets without tearing it down. In this day of age they should of came up with something i just hope this it!

-JAY

there is a thread on the fix in the can stuff .. as slowroll said, it will not work with coolant so you must flush the system.

whether it will work or not depends on why the headgaskets are leaking .. it wont fix headbolt issues.

and of course, it is not a permanent fix.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:18 AM

Well im jsut gonna say this I have seen numerous people use Bars and other gasket sealers I would highly discourage this jsut cause on your doing more damage then help especially when you are going to end up replacing the head gasket too much sediment to clean up and now you have extra work to do that did not need to be done to begin with but to every man his own GL

Quick Reply: Overheating issue i think...