Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Help Please!! 1997 Cadillac Deville head gasket ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Help Please!! head gaskets ?

ORIGINAL: Lithorian

sorry to go back but for all who dont know, a flashing service engine soon lights mean- Severe engine misfire detected, light will flash for the duration of misfire, catylytic converter damage may occur figured id put that out there, as for this leak its sounds fishy, i dont mean to scare but coolant loss, along with a powerfull missfire and a malfuntioning oxygen sensor sounds suspiciously like a blown gasket to me, obviously we can hope, but when u guys pulled the plugs on the front bank, were any of them wet? see the problem is prior to her visible leak there were no prior signs of leakage, i worked on a ETC with a blown head gasket and it didnt put out white smoke, as a matter of fact it was doing a very similar routine, he was able to drive on cool days and his temp only hit about 250 and went back down when driving, the stuttering and all that existed as well, the ONLY way we narrowed it down the head gasket, was we pulled his plugs and plug number 7 was wet and reaked of coolant, you really need to have a pressure test and chemical analysis done to know for sure.
Concur .. see the FAQ for details on those.