Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Hello-Need Your Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Default Hello-Need Your Ideas

Hope to find some good information here. I am considering buying a 1991-93 Cadillac Deville, would like to find a coupe with the 4.9. A few years back my father-in-law had an 1989 Sedan Deville with the 4.5 engine. They lent it to my wife and I and we took it on a 400 mi. trip. I could not believe the power and mileage that big car got and I loved the ride. I grew up with my dad driving big cars likes Buick's, Pontiac's, and Mercury's. The last big car I ever had was a 1972 Ford Thunderbird with a 429. That was one great car. I have always missed the larger cars, but with gas priced the way it is I can't afford to have one. I kind of got a different look when I drove that Cadillac.

Anyway I just feel safer in a bigger car and say what you want the younger kids don't know what they missed by being able to ride in a comfortable car. I understand the 4.9 takes a higher grade of gas but does the better mileage make it a good trade? I also understand the 4.9 is improved from the 4.5 my father-in-law had. Seems like he had a few fuel injection problems with his.

I hope this is an active board and hope to hear back from those of you who own this model.

And thanks!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hello-Need Your Ideas

lets not forget the full size comfortable BACK SEAT ?
i'll never forget my 1st girl friend and her ugly and old Rambler with
a fold down BACK SEAT .. .. one quickly forgets about the ugly car.

as far as USA fuel, it is in the opinion of many that anything but REGULAR
is not needed unless the car is specially finicky. that i would not expect from
a OEM stock 4900 unless there are other issues or mods.

now, if you got blowers and superchargers and unmentionable mods
and / or hot rod devices, well ... err .. let me put it this way .. two miles
from my house there is a 76 that sells "racing fuel" at a premium price,
and only one of my cars uses it, and that is on rare, very very rare events
- it is not the Cadi.

BTW, size not always equates into lower gas mileage. my HO 5.0 Mark VII
gets better mileage than my 4100 Allante. that HO 5.0 also has about 110 hp
more than the 4100. but is not a rag top.

ORIGINAL: IDCad

Hope to find some good information here. I am considering buying a 1991-93 Cadillac Deville, would like to find a coupe with the 4.9. A few years back my father-in-law had an 1989 Sedan Deville with the 4.5 engine. They lent it to my wife and I and we took it on a 400 mi. trip. I could not believe the power and mileage that big car got and I loved the ride. I grew up with my dad driving big cars likes Buick's, Pontiac's, and Mercury's. The last big car I ever had was a 1972 Ford Thunderbird with a 429. That was one great car. I have always missed the larger cars, but with gas priced the way it is I can't afford to have one. I kind of got a different look when I drove that Cadillac.

Anyway I just feel safer in a bigger car and say what you want the younger kids don't know what they missed by being able to ride in a comfortable car. I understand the 4.9 takes a higher grade of gas but does the better mileage make it a good trade? I also understand the 4.9 is improved from the 4.5 my father-in-law had. Seems like he had a few fuel injection problems with his.

I hope this is an active board and hope to hear back from those of you who own this model.

And thanks!