Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

deville starts hard

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Default deville starts hard

I have a 1997 deville concourse, and am having trouble starting it when it sits for a few days. Once it starts, it runs super and always starts good while using it, even the next morning starts good. I changed the fuel filter a couple of months ago, and I can hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the switch on to start it, as it is suppose to. It cranks, but will not fire off, and I turn it off and try it again, and almost wants to, then on about the 3rd try, if I keep the starter cranking, it finally hits and starts, and then takes off, and then settles back down to a perfect idle. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: deville starts hard

codes?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 PM

Nothing!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: flash

I have a 1997 deville concourse, and am having trouble starting it when it sits for a few days. Once it starts, it runs super and always starts good while using it, even the next morning starts good. I changed the fuel filter a couple of months ago, and I can hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the switch on to start it, as it is suppose to. It cranks, but will not fire off, and I turn it off and try it again, and almost wants to, then on about the 3rd try, if I keep the starter cranking, it finally hits and starts, and then takes off, and then settles back down to a perfect idle. Any help would be appreciated.

no codes?
little info provided.
changed fuel filter before or after the problem?

i be checking fuel pressure. easy and gage is cheap.
But before that, i read this thread:
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_9792/tm.htm

Old 11-11-2007, 12:10 AM

I changed the fuel filter before this happened. I will checkthe filteragain, andcheck the pressure. Thanks