98 Deville turn signal issues - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 09-13-2017, 03:47 PM

Default 98 Deville turn signal issues

Hey all,
Recently the turn signals didn't function on my way home from work. I checked the hazard function (I knew the hazard and turn signals were on same fuse). Hazards work, fuse visually looks fine. I pulled the flasher and tested it with my multimeter and it was reading resistance across the "B" and "L" prongs while out of the car. So I replaced the flasher and still nothing. Frustrated and tired, I called it a night.
The next morning VIOLA! they work again. Then, once again on my way home they stop working.
This has happened everyday this week so far. Every function on the lever works as it should aside from the left signal won't cancel upon completing a turn, and the right one cancels before the turn is finished.

I've read about replacing the turn signal switch and lever, but would intermittently properly functioning signals be a symptom of the switch failing? Is there a way to get to the switch to test it somehow without removing all the things that need be to replace it? Is there a way to clean it without all the removal as well?