Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

94 Deville Concour= Dash lights not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Default 94 Deville Concour= Dash lights not working!!

Hey guys I'm newbie here, my friend has a 94 Deville, and yesterday while he was trying to install a new stereo deck, he some how shorted a wire some where while he was fiddling with the connections on the back of the deck. and now his dash lights don't work, plus the heater kicks on instantly and he can't turn it off! Nothing responds on the dash, he tried to turn off the air, but nothing works now.

Does anyone know what could of happened? And why would the wires that go to the stereo have anything to do with the dash lights and it's functions?

We found some blown fuses and replaced them, but still the dash doesn't light up, no speedo, no info, no nothing. Whats weird though, his ABS light stays on now and wont shut off, it never did that before.

My last ? when my friend was installing his new cd player, he wasn't using a harness kit, and basically spliced the old wires to the new deck, his deck was powered, but we didn't hear any sound from the speakers, it doesn't make sense because the wires were all connected properly, the reason why this all happened in the first place, was because he was trying to figure out what wire powered the speakers, and notthe deck itself.

Please we need help badly! The car starts up fine, but since the dash is out, he can't tell how fast he's going or how much gas he has in his car. We disconnected the battery, that didn't do anything. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, while I replaced one of the fuses, it kinda sparked at me, I don't know what that means but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Thanks so much in advance