Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

1999 Cadillac Deville Issues with A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Default 1999 Cadillac Deville Issues with A/C

I own a 1999 Cadillac Deville and I have been having issues with my a/c disengaging when the outside ambient temperature goes above 57-60 degrees. I believe the system is set to disengage the a/c system when the psi drops down to 10 psi. I've checked and the refrigerant level is good in my system. I'm not sure if I need to have my system purged and refilled or if there is possibly a telltale part I could check because of the temperature effecting my system.

​​​​​​ Also, I am having issues with my passenger side blowing hot air no matter what I set the temp to on my dash. I replaced the actuator under the glove box and there were no changes. I hear a clicking or knocking from my passenger side in the dash from time to time when turning on the air. Is there another part to the actuator behind my glove box?

thanks to anyone who can help shed some light on these issues. Summer is here and I most definitely need that a/c. Haha. Blessed day to all

Old 05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Tech Certified Members

It sounds low, I would have it evacuated and recharged. Have 134a with dye added. just is case of a leak. A 99 never recharged could be low over time. There are 2 actuators one for each temp door.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by slowroll
It sounds low, I would have it evacuated and recharged. Have 134a with dye added. just is case of a leak. A 99 never recharged could be low over time. There are 2 actuators one for each temp door.

Thanks for the input friend. The gauges are showing good pressure on the high and low sides of the system. I had it go out on me before and then work fine again and then go out again and now it just malfunctions. Not a bad idea to have it checked out by a professional. I suppose I was just checking to see if it could be any sort of obvious issue. I was also thinking maybe it's been overcharged or maybe I have a clogged orifice tube. I'm hoping to get this among other small issues sussed out within the next month. Haha. Easier said than done for an 18 year old boat.