Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

1995 sedan deville air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Question 1995 sedan deville air conditioning

The a/c compressor stops running and the only way to get it back up is to disconnect the battery cable a re-boot the system. I was told there could be a bad a/c sensor. Does anyone have any knowledge about this sensor and is there more than one?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Default RE: 1995 sedan deville air conditioning

I don't know for certain, but with my '93 Sedan DeVille, if the charge isn't sufficient, say at a pound and a half to a pound of refrigerant, it's crap until I get the RPM up around 1500 or so.

With the charge not dangerously low, the compressor might cut out and not send an error code to the computer. That's what happened to me. My system wasn't dangerously low, but it was low enough to kill the compressor without sending an error message.

THEN, once the system was evacuated and a charge was done, the A/C refused to kick in until I cleared the codes! Then it still wouldn't kick in until I brought the RPM up between 1500 RPM and maybe 2k RPM at least once. (Got on it really hard a couple of times and suddenly I had A/C)

==============================

You might try clearing the codes next time, instead of disconnecting the battery:

On the digital dash:
Climate Control console, press Off and Warmer buttons together
Hold them until you enter diagnostic mode.
Then look at the fuel centre
Wait for the codes to scroll
With the older cars, I believe 88 or so, on up to I think 96, Low Refrigerant would be something like F47.

Clear the F codes by pressing off and the lo fan button. Clear the ECM or E codes by pressing off and hi fan button.

Exit diagnostic mode by pressing Auto.

It's a Caddy. Sometimes, when you have electrical and electronic problems, things that don't make sense work.

I know, you've probably tried all this, but I thought I should say what worked for me.

I wish you luck.

Wendy.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Default Sensors

The compressor on my DeEVIL has a high cut-out AND a low cut-out mounted on it, as well as the clutch connections.

Then there is the blower control module that reports those things to the computer, as well. Runs anywhere from a hundred thirty to about two hundred forty aftermarket.

There are all sorts of fun connectors. I used Autozone to list the parts that might be causing issues, then went about checking them on my car. You might want to try the same with yours. www dot autozone dot com

Another issue could be grease, grime, or corrosion on your terminal ends. Just because you never disconnected them doesn't mean they're clean!

Good luck!

Wendy.