Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

1993 Sedan Deville - Fuel Panel and Electronic Climate Control Panels not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Default 1993 Sedan Deville - Fuel Panel and Electronic Climate Control Panels not working

Before I get started, let me say this: I am a complete newbie when it comes to vehicle repair. I bought this Cadillac for $450 off of a junkie to use as a project car to learn. The vehicle still runs and drives great. Sitting at 183,000 miles now.

My current issue is with the Fuel Data Display, and the Electronic Climate Control Panel. When I first bought the vehicle, neither of them worked at all. The previous owner had jury-rigged some direct line from the relay into a toggle switch beneath the dash that will activate the defrost blower - but that's it.

I downloaded and checked the manual, and replaced the related fuses under the drivers side. Now the fuel data center displays about 75% of the time, seemingly at random. However, the climate control panel is still completely dead. No LCD, no response at all.

Does anyone have any idea what this issue may be? Also, could anyone recommend youtube videos on some basics such as how to check if a fuse is dead, or use some of the tools in the 'vehicle electronic repair kit' I bought?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Certified Members

codes? if you have FSM look in section 8. Not sure about you tube videos. Auto repair text books. you could try local votech for suggestion. There are several choices on ebay. Once you know how to use you test equipment then you will be ready to start diagnosing.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:56 PM

Hi - did you ever figure this out? I am asking because my '91 DeVille with 84k miles just yesterday started having an issue like this. It had never did it before, but when I started it, neither the fuel data center, nor the HVAC panel illuminated... whats more, the blower motor was blowing on HIGH speed and I didn't even have it on when I turned the car of before. I turned the ignition off and on about 4 times and it finally illuminated and the blower turned off. It had defaulted back to 75° and I had it set on 60°. It never went back off going home and I just started again to check it and all came on as normal.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm
Hi - did you ever figure this out? I am asking because my '91 DeVille with 84k miles just yesterday started having an issue like this. It had never did it before, but when I started it, neither the fuel data center, nor the HVAC panel illuminated... whats more, the blower motor was blowing on HIGH speed and I didn't even have it on when I turned the car of before. I turned the ignition off and on about 4 times and it finally illuminated and the blower turned off. It had defaulted back to 75° and I had it set on 60°. It never went back off going home and I just started again to check it and all came on as normal.
Hi, did anyone ever figure this out? In my situation, the blower was not blowing at all. This started happening on my daddy's 1993 Deville. It has 117k miles. Thanks.

Last edited by hgoodwiniii; 03-22-2021 at 10:05 AM.