Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Will driving on (S) all the time hurts my CTS?

Old 04-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Default Will driving on (S) all the time hurts my CTS?

First on all, thank you for the trick on how to Play DVD while driving, I had my CTS for more than 2 years and I almost forget that I have a DVD player …. Now I can toss a DVD and let my kids enjoy the ride..

Guys, I was wandering is it Ok to drive with the S (Sport mode) on all the time even on my regular driving?

The reason I’m asking is my CTS 05 (3.6L) doesn’t seem that powerful, sometimes a small 4 cylinder cheap car can pass on me so easy, I have 45K on it, and all the services and warranty is from the GM dealer ….
I’m surprised to read many people in this forum and other places talking about how POWERFULL the CTS is and I was shocked when I bought it, the acceleration is so bad that I don’t even think of bypassing any car/truck cuz I know my CTS will not give the Push I need.!! (All that while driving on the S mode cuz the Normal mode is worse)

When I hit the gas I can see the RPM goes all the way up but my speed is not equivalent with it, it’s like the engine is give power but the tires don’t receive it..

Many people in here wrote about how they sink in there seat and how quick it accelerate, but I didn’t experience any!!

Don’t miss understand me, I am happy with my car cuz it has all the tech in it and it’s comfortable on the road..

Back again to my Q, is it ok to drive on S all the time?

Thx.,.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Will driving on (S) all the time hurts my CTS?

I drive my vette in the s mode most of the time (just where it ends up), no harm done.Also needs to be in the s mode to operate paddle shift. A fellow allante guy, jefft (rip), used to ride his cts in s mode all the time. Basically it supposed to give you sharper shifts. I am not aware of any damage that can occur being in s mode all the time.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Will driving on (S) all the time hurts my CTS?

[/align]
Thnx G.A.R.Y.

Appreciate you quick reply, so I guess I’m fine on the S mode,,,,[/align]