Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Somone stole my side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Default Somone stole my side mirror

Someone stole my mirror off my side mirror. All i see is two wires hanging out of the sidemirror. What will it cost me to get a new mirror( just the glass part) for the driver side? IVe checked ebay and i cant find a OEM mirror. Its for a 07 cts. What will i need to install it?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by notmycaddy
Someone stole my mirror off my side mirror. All i see is two wires hanging out of the sidemirror. What will it cost me to get a new mirror( just the glass part) for the driver side? IVe checked ebay and i cant find a OEM mirror. Its for a 07 cts. What will i need to install it?
dealer should have

Old 05-18-2009, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by stomper
dealer should have

ya im afraid they will be real pricey , i will call them in the morning. Anyone know how they are stuck on ?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM

If they just took the mirror face, and the motor pack is still there, you should be able to connect the wires, align the mirror face and backing plate assembly to the retaining tabs on the motor pack and apply pressure until an audible click is heard. The mirror face and backing plate snap on to the motor pack.
Disclaimer: at least thats the description in my 05 CTS service manual.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:47 PM

Does anyone know if the cts and cts-v has the same mirror face? not the whole housing but just the mirror part?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by notmycaddy
ya im afraid they will be real pricey , i will call them in the morning. Anyone know how they are stuck on ?
i would look around at a junk yard...cadillac dealerships charge a ridiculous amount

Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Underdog
If they just took the mirror face, and the motor pack is still there, you should be able to connect the wires, align the mirror face and backing plate assembly to the retaining tabs on the motor pack and apply pressure until an audible click is heard. The mirror face and backing plate snap on to the motor pack.
Disclaimer: at least thats the description in my 05 CTS service manual.
thanks, is there step by step instructions? i dont want to break anything

Old 07-02-2009, 09:47 PM

What I wrote previously was pretty much word for word out of the service manual. First they recommend applying several layers of masking tape to the edge of the mirror housing to protect the painted finish.
Connect the electrical connectors.
Align the mirror face and backing plate assembly with the retaining tabs on the motor pack.
Using a 9cm (3 inch) rubber sanding block placed on the center of the mirror face, apply pressure until an audible click is heard.
Inspect the power mirror for proper operation.
Remove the masking tape.
I've not done this before so I can't give any first hand tips. But I hope it helps.
Mike.