Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Ok guys. Instruction on how to take the light assemble off

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Default Ok guys. Instruction on how to take the light assemble off

Here we go! If you do not want to get dirty go to an auto parts and buy the plastic cheap box of latex gloves.
Turn the wheel all the way to one side wich ever you like, you are going to do this to get space to get to the black plastic cover behind the bumper. There are 3 plastic pop up black buttons that you need to first pull the center part out and then pull the remaining rubber out. after all 3 are out then you need to get to 2 more closer inside the on the top. After you do this then you just push back the plastic cover and you will be able to see the fog light and the some of the bottom of the assembly to reach to a turn like dust cover this is only to reach the small triangle bulb. If you want to keep going look right where the front bumper ends on top of the turn signal and their is a socket screw you will need to take off completely!!!keep all the screws and all your crap you take out all together in a bag or box. You do not want to loose them. Now you will see to more screws that you needto unscrew a little bit and then you could use your hand but do not take if off you will not need to, trust me my madness will make sense.
Are you keeping all of your crap in a bag? I hope so!!!
Now that you got the 2 screws loose only not off. there are 2 more plastic pull out tabs on top of the light that need to come off.
The silver screw on the braket that holds the radiator. only the one close to you comes off the other one facing the engine just loose.
And finally the one srew holding the grill in black.
Now just grab the bottom bumper from the side where the side turn signal is and slide and gigle it until it slides, yes slides, you will see my madness make sense not to take them off.
Now you see the light. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Not finish yet. 1 srew on top of the light in silver.
one more on the side facing the center of the grill,
and finally one below the light in grey, this one is just a ring not a srew.
Hope fully you did it right and you did not loose any srews haha.

IF YOU GOT IT OR NOT LET ME KNOW!!!!!!
I put hid from a cts v but the the high beams did not work nor the little triangles either. So I put my originals back and I will buy the HID system and install it my self later.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Ok guys. Instruction on how to take the light assemble off

You know those little triangles?.. can you replace the light bulbs on thoses?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Default RE: Ok guys. Instruction on how to take the light assemble off

yes you can.