Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Looking to buy 2003 CTS need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Default Looking to buy 2003 CTS need opinions

Hello,

New guy here. Need some opinions on this car since I am unfamiliar with them.

Can you all enlighten me as to things to look out for in a used CTS. Known mechanical issues or maintenance that needs to be done at this point that I should ask about. Also, how are these cars in snow? I would be running dedicated snow tires at all 4 corners of course.

2003 3.2 6 cylinder with 64K miles
Says it has Luxury and Sport package (what do these include?)
Express Moonroof
Side Airbags
1 Owner
Blue Onyx with Light Neutral Interior
$10,500 IS this a good deal?

thank you in advance for your help group!

Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM

This is only my opinion, nothing scientific or anything...2003 was the first year for the CTS and it usually takes a few years for the manufacturer to iron out some of the kinks they didn't think about from the start. Naturally with a car this dependent on computers there are always going to be electrical issues of one kind or another. I have an 05 and luckily there have only been minor problems. These cars have been recalled for fuel gauge issues as well as leaky pinion seals in the differential. Read over some old posts in the FAQ section, CTS and general tech section will give you a clue as to what people are having trouble with.
I live in Florida so I can't speak about how the car is in snow, but it is rear wheel drive, which I prefer.
In 05 the sport package consisted of "sport tuned suspension, Stabilitrak 2.0, P225/50R17 W-rated tires and 17" polished alloy wheels".
The Luxury Package featured "wood trim package, memory seat adjuster, compass in rear view mirror. 10 way power seats w/ lumbar, heated front seats, universal garage door opener, and theft deterrent system".
Having been "one owner" is a plus.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Thank you Underdog....Opinions are exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

Anyone else?? I see 20 views, but only one opinion! I really need some help here since I am totally unfamiliar with the car and it's reliability as well as serviceability. I am in a bind for another car and am about to buy sight unseen to fill a gap in our fleet.

thanks!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Maximilien
Thank you Underdog....Opinions are exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

Anyone else?? I see 20 views, but only one opinion! I really need some help here since I am totally unfamiliar with the car and it's reliability as well as serviceability. I am in a bind for another car and am about to buy sight unseen to fill a gap in our fleet.

thanks!

where i am at, we call that gambling.
can you afford a $3,000 surprise (avg cost of a major issue)?
check record, inspect, get things in writing.

i havent used these fellows, dont know what they charge ...

http://www.google.com/search?source=...+inspection+co

http://www.automobileinspections.com/