Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

gm cheapens 201 cts premium awd WHY

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Default gm cheapens 201 cts premium awd WHY

GM MOTORS SUCKS WITH THEIR NEW CADDY LINE UP ... I tried to buy a 2017 Cadillac CTS Premium AWD, a $75 thousand dollar car. But I can't have the tires I want. All the new CTS models are all coming with Pirelli CHEAP tires. Pirelli are bottom line junk for this heavy a car, lots of complaints on the internet. I wanted instead Michelins, but Michelin does not make 19 inch tires for that car. So to put on Michelins I would have to drop down to an 18 inch wheel, plus I would have to buy new wheels and new tires. WHY should I have to??? Why would I want to do that???? Spend another $5K or $6K thousand dollars on top of everything else??? It does NOT make sense to me why GM would go SO cheap on the rubber on their top of the line car, which I might add they used to put Michelins on in the past. So for anybody looking for a Caddy, don't waste your money for this Caddy model, the Pirelli tires would last ONLY about 35 or 40 thousand kilometers, plus you get a lot of road noise, problems sited about bulging on the tire's sides, plus Pirelli's are slippery in the winter. So even if you are thinking of buying the car because you do like the body style and then you plan to change the tires, NOTE THIS I called 3 tire shops. No tire shop even wants new Pirelli's on a trade, plus they all said they were awful tires ...The tire shops told me they would probably just junk the tires and not even try to re-sell them. MY QUESTION IS WHY WOULD A CAR COMPANY DO THIS OTHER THAN TO TRY TO SAVE MONEY BY BUYING CHEAP TIRES ON THEIR TOP LINE MODELS. IF ANYBODY OUT THERE FROM GM IS READING THIS, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AN HONEST ANSWER. PS GM COULD OF DONE A TIRE DEAL WITH ANY TIRE COMPANY SO WHY DID THEY PICK JUNK! REALLY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!