Radio!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Lightbulb Radio!

OKay just curious but How exactly would I replace the radio on this sucker, I've got a 91 allante and the speakers are dead and need replacement. and the radio is essentially dead so , is there a way to replace the radio without tearing up and ruining the dash.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Allante_top
OKay just curious but How exactly would I replace the radio on this sucker, I've got a 91 allante and the speakers are dead and need replacement. and the radio is essentially dead so , is there a way to replace the radio without tearing up and ruining the dash.
if the speakers are dead, call BOSE, they have a exchange program.

if the radio is dead, its behind the glove box and you can find dthem used for around $40 - $75.

if you want to replace with non-OEM, you got a small challenge .. i got a '92 that had that done .. OEM unit left in place for looks, new after market unit installed in glove box and of course, speakers replaced with after market as BOSE are unique in that they have an amplifier built into each speaker enclosure.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Default alright!

However... what about replaceing the primary radio stack+cd player+tapedeck I.E. The primary Display.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Certified Members

However... what about replacing the primary radio stack+cd player+tapedeck I.E. The primary Display.

replacing it with conventional units is near impossible as nothing I ever seen out there fits ...

however, there has been a few custom retrofits using digital units, like mp3 or ipads and such .. with custom made framing, and amps in the trunk, speakers galore.

one guy even had a small LCD for the passenger to watch movies.

if you are clever on technology, you can make your dreams happen, at a cost! But to go out and buy a kit to fit in there? that cannot be in yoru dreams.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 AM

*darth vader yell!* actually I can probably build somthing or rather to fit in there. *whips out measureing tape.*

Old 06-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Certified Members

*darth vader yell!* actually I can probably build somthing or rather to fit in there. *whips out measureing tape.*

hey, if you find a CD/DVD unit that fits in there w/o using a saw, you will be a hero in the Allante world .. we stopped looking as the cars got older and MP3 and USB technology developed .. personally, I use a FM modulator (plugs into cigarette lighter power outlet & transmits up to 50 ft) that has a USB input, ie .. memory stick loaded with about 1,500 mp3 songs.

I would like to see a dashboard installed USB input with hardwired feed directly to the sounds system instead of air FM transmissions.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Default exactly how do I repair allante bose speaker amps?

exactly how do I repair allante bose speaker amps? I see its an easy $10 fix but no body does the "how to" HELP!!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dakrei
exactly how do I repair allante bose speaker amps? I see its an easy $10 fix but no body does the "how to" HELP!!!!!
what typically goes is the capacitors .. need to replace them.
instead of trying to find out which one died, replace them all as whatever capacitor hasnt died, will die soon!