Pull down Motor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Default Pull down Motor...

....for the trunk deck was burnt out when I got the car from Scott and he had adjusted the mechanism so that the trunk would close with the latch in the most down position. My challenge is the trunk deck is riding a little high. I am thinking about getting a new pull down, or should I just re-adjust the mechanism?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Allante has excellent traction, stability, and stopping ability in slippery surfaces

the rains are coming .. even in SoCa. I can assure you that with all that premium carpeting, you dont want moisture in the trunk, any at all.

here is something that you may not know .. 1980-ish Lincolns used the same trunk pull-down, even same company .. salvage yards, $25 ?

when my Allantes are in the garage, I keep the trunks from closing by way of a tennis ball placed next to the latch thus avoiding any mildew or bad smells from happening, specially in the rainy season. the Allante is my car of choice in bad weather due to its excellent traction, stability, and stopping ability in slippery surfaces which we encounter here when we get the 1st rains on oily street surfaces.

a very long way of saying .. replace it.

Originally Posted by AIeradi
....for the trunk deck was burnt out when I got the car from Scott and he had adjusted the mechanism so that the trunk would close with the latch in the most down position. My challenge is the trunk deck is riding a little high. I am thinking about getting a new pull down, or should I just re-adjust the mechanism?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:09 AM

Thanks...I was looking for valdiation and believe I found it!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Tony no validation needed, my electric pulldown is really a nice feature. I do remember the Scott guy telling me that he didn't like the feature at all. Hope the white beast is running good.

I bought a spare from a guy on ebay from the west coast think he was called "the pulldown king". $34.95 remanufactured. Since I feel somewhat responsible for getting you and the Scott man together, I have a non working unit on the shelf that I be glad to forward for you to be used as a core. That way you could continue riding yours until the Philly winter sets in and your repair could be done in the Northern "Allante downtime." just let me know!

Last edited by wcoates; 08-09-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by wcoates
Hope the white beast is running good.

... I have a non working unit on the shelf that I be glad to forward for you to be used as a core. That way you could continue riding yours until the Philly winter sets in and your repair could be done in the Northern "Allante downtime." just let me know!
Hey Bill - no worries as I ordered one online - but thanks for the offer. Scott did say he disconnected all his - this one had burnt out. The beast is running really well and I am enjoying the summer. NOW I am wishing I had kept the 90 and could have swapped the seats and trunk motor and who knows what else. Oh well, my wife would have had a fit if I had a half-a-Allante in the driveway!

I had new rear brakes, calipers, etc. put on, added a red pin stripe up the sides, and just had the oil changed and injectors cleaned. Other than that she's running like a champ!

I am still keeping an eye out for other values floating around our area.

Let's not mention winter!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Default Ordered one online

I ordered on online and expect it to arrive this week (last guy never shipped it!). The guy called me on a Sunday to say he got the order and knew which one I needed. Total cost for a rebuilt with shipping $52.

Dick and Johnny were both willing to rebuild for +$145. I thought that was a little steep.

I will be installing this weekend and then finishing the stripes on truck deck following from the sides.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Certified Members

I ordered on online and expect it to arrive this week (last guy never shipped it!). The guy called me on a Sunday to say he got the order and knew which one I needed. Total cost for a rebuilt with shipping $52.

Dick and Johnny were both willing to rebuild for +$145. I thought that was a little steep.

I will be installing this weekend and then finishing the stripes on truck deck following from the sides.

Even $52 sounds a little steep for a TRUNK pull down .. but they gotta pay the rent and maybe you were asked for the core?

the $145 sounds about right for the TOP PULL DOWN ...
hmmm .. confusion ?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by stomper
Even $52 sounds a little steep for a TRUNK pull down .. but they gotta pay the rent and maybe you were asked for the core?

the $145 sounds about right for the TOP PULL DOWN ...
hmmm .. confusion ?

Confusion on my post - the trunk deck pull down is what I needed and paid $45 for. I just put it in this morning...easy enough and now I can finish the pin stripe around the trunk.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

to clarify .. knowing that you needed the trunk, I still cant tell if the $145 quoted was for trunk or the top pull-down ...

Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by stomper
to clarify .. knowing that you needed the trunk, I still cant tell if the $145 quoted was for trunk or the top pull-down ...

The $145 was from Johnny and the $125 from Dick. It has always been relative to trunk deck-lid pull down. Somehow the top pull down got into the thread.

Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 8:59 AM
To: Tony Ieradi
Subject: Re: A few items

$125 plus shipping with exchange for a rebuilt trunk pulldown, $45 ea for top cover lift cylinders. With respect to ther visor, usually the problem is the vanity mirror not the visor itself. $120 plus shipping for a new vanity mirror assembly. There are no good used visors with good mirrors. If you do need a visor also than would be another $30. But it's a lot easier just to change the vanity mirror.

--- On Fri, 8/14/09, Tony Ieradi <anthony_ieradi@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: A few items
To: allantesource@prodigy.net
Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 11:25 PM

Hey Folks,

Hope all is well. I am looking for pricing on a trunk pull-down motor, struts for the soft-top cover, and a driver-side visor (red interior) for my 1992. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Tony Ieradi