Bosch III help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Default Bosch III help please!

Hi there. My dad recently bought an '87 Allante that had been sitting out in the weeds for several years, in hopes of restoring her to her former beauty. He's got her running like a top, the only thing holding him back now is a blown ac***ulator. Does anyone here have, or know where I could find a diagram of the guts, or blown up diagram, or cutaway diagram of the Bosch III pump for his car? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 AM

Hi Screw

It is very important to use care when working on the brake system of the Allante. You can not bleed the brakes in the typical fashion. It is a process unto itself. Also when replacing brake pads, it is extremely important that you NOT compress the caliper piston, which is the correct procedure for other cars, but which would damage the Bosch system. You MUST NOT push line fluid back into the master cylinder. Also there is a specific procedure for bleeding the pump , the master cylinder and the lines. This process should be done at least every two years. I do it every year.....the lines not as often. ************************************************** ****.
Most importantly....DO NOT do any type of work on the brake system without first depressurizing the system. To do this, depress the brake pedal at least 25 times. The system is under high pressure, and if you attempt to remove te acc u m u lator , serious injury coukld result. Where are you located? if you need further assistance, you can e-mail me at ss454_@hotmail.com. I could get you the instructions for working on the brakes the process and procedures.

Bill

Last edited by Stealth; 05-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by screwdriver
Hi there. My dad recently bought an '87 Allante that had been sitting out in the weeds for several years, in hopes of restoring her to her former beauty. He's got her running like a top, the only thing holding him back now is a blown ac***ulator. Does anyone here have, or know where I could find a diagram of the guts, or blown up diagram, or cutaway diagram of the Bosch III pump for his car? Thanks.

this is old, but if still in need, try this thread in OUR FAQ!

https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/...7-1992-a-2410/