Average of 30 for sale at any time on Ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Default Average of 30 for sale at any time on Ebay...

I saw this one for sale...caught my eye.

Is this, as we Italians say in Philly, "a friend of ours?"

Bill, do you know this fella?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...1%7C240%3A1318

Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Cool Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, after some jawing back and forth with the wife, and checking in with Bill C since he's seen this car, it was determined that I should have a birthday present. So here's the new one to fill that salvaged void!

This is one of Scott F's that he had on Ebay. We'll be flying out next week to pick up.

Attached Thumbnails Average of 30 for sale at any time on Ebay...-bumn3cg-mk%7E%24-kgrhgoh-ciejlll26-ybkmttidu9w%7E%7E_3.jpg   Average of 30 for sale at any time on Ebay...-bumogcwbgk%7E%24-kgrhgoh-cuejlllvzuybkmtt1wvfq%7E%7E_3.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Remember that it was me that advised to always be able to get back on the plane if the car doesn't measure up.

I have met Scott only thru the Allante hobby. Wife and I stopped in West Lafayette on a trip to Chicago. Met him at my son's house in Morgantown WV and traveled to DC to pick up a "parts car" that became a driver. Met him at daughter's in Columbus Oh and sold he a fender from my parted out pearl and we changed it in her driveway.

Scott is an engineer that has an insatiable desire to know how things work. He has "practiced" on three or four others and has parted out one Allante that I know of. I descibe him as not a guy that gets his kicks from getting a nice Allante but rather getting an Allante nice. I trust him and don't think he'd sell the car if it wasn" right.

He travelled overnight to ???? on a bus to get this car and it was supposed to be Pearl White but is rather the "refrigerator " white. Looks good with the maroon interior. Remember his changing all fluids and filters upon purchase and he had trouble getting the fuel filter off so he changed the fuel lines (don't think I'd have gone that far) but that's just Scott.

If things work out and you are traveling down I70 back to Philly next week-end scream, as we'll be in Columbus and 170 and I270 interchange is a good place for a burger and a beer. think we can get Scott to buy!????

Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Remember that it was me that advised to always be able to get back on the plane if the car doesn't measure up.

I have met Scott only thru the Allante hobby. Wife and I stopped in West Lafayette on a trip to Chicago. Met him at my son's house in Morgantown WV and traveled to DC to pick up a "parts car" that became a driver. Met him at daughter's in Columbus Oh and sold he a fender from my parted out pearl and we changed it in her driveway.

Scott is an engineer that has an insatiable desire to know how things work. He has "practiced" on three or four others and has parted out one Allante that I know of. I descibe him as not a guy that gets his kicks from getting a nice Allante but rather getting an Allante nice. I trust him and don't think he'd sell the car if it wasn" right.

He travelled overnight to ???? on a bus to get this car and it was supposed to be Pearl White but is rather the "refrigerator " white. Looks good with the maroon interior. Remember his changing all fluids and filters upon purchase and he had trouble getting the fuel filter off so he changed the fuel lines (don't think I'd have gone that far) but that's just Scott.

If things work out and you are traveling down I70 back to Philly next week-end scream, as we'll be in Columbus and 170 and I270 interchange is a good place for a burger and a beer. think we can get Scott to buy!????

Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 AM

We may just give you a holler Bill - Spoke to Scott several times and we will be in Indy on Thursday, picking the car up on Friday, going to Georgetown Ill. on Friday afternoon to visit some friends, and heading back to Philly on Saturday. We certainly have a way to get back if necessary, but I have a feeling this will work out. He knows we have to drive 600 miles and I'm confident it'll make it. We are excited!!! Or at least my wife is excited that I'm not on a "quest" any longer.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wcoates
Remember that it was me ........

good to see your login back working .. but you do realize that the ECHO is still on ?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Cool Just returned with our 92

Sandy and I just returned from Indiana and Illinois with our recent addition we picked up from Scott. We detoured to see some friends and drove to Wheeling WV. Stayed there over night and made it to Media PA by 4:00 PM. A great trip, lots of fun and happy with our car. The sun was out in PA so we stopped and put the top down. As soon as we got home we gave her a bath.

Thanks Scott, and sorry Bill we couldn't stop. We were detoured picking up fire works and a lost credit card...had to take time to cancel and have a new one shipped to us! The trials and tribulations of owning an Allante.

Overall a good time!

Tony