AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Default AC problem

I am having a recurring AC problem. A couple of weeks ago I got an error code saying "Low AC Refridgerant" "Compressor shutting down" The tech replaced an AC switch. There was no freon loss. Today I got a "Low AC refridgerant" code. "Service AC soon" Anyone else had a problem like this?

Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Allanteguy
I am having a recurring AC problem. A couple of weeks ago I got an error code saying "Low AC Refridgerant" "Compressor shutting down" The tech replaced an AC switch. There was no freon loss. Today I got a "Low AC refridgerant" code. "Service AC soon" Anyone else had a problem like this?
I have a 90 1/2 Allante. Now, it gave me the same original code. "Low AC refridgerant" "AC compressor shutting down" Any thoughts?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Smile

Seems to me you need more freon. I have one 14oz can leftover from my Allante days that I am willing to sell for $25 plus shipping. It is made by Interdynamics and lt is labeled refrigerant r12 with leak detector and lubricant.hit me at jno2968326@aol.com

Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM

did u take it to a gm dealership?

did the guy empty the system and then refill it only way to tell if it was low or not?

did he put probes in the centre vent and measure the temperature?

does any of the lines ice up ?