Aluminum Block V8s 4.1, 4.5, 4.6, and 4.9 liter engines.

ABS & TRACTION LIGHT ON code abs 1255

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Default ABS & TRACTION LIGHT ON code abs 1255

99 sts.....Hey everyone, i have a current 1255 abs code on. no matter what i do i cant turn it off. i have cleared all dic codes, have dissconnected battery for over hour, disconnected abs module under hood, different combos with battery, also disconnected taction control switch ceneter console. all fuses good, connections solid.

Should note following....sunroof drain was clogged on driver side water backed up and leaked into car along driver side pillar-carpet seat etc not center console. with this problem-it got into the trunk-gas cap release switch and caused the switch to click away as it got wet, i was not aware of this and killed the battery, the battery is a little bit older so i know its not that strong thus it died, anyhow i boosted the car and after the jump i had these lighjts on and cant get them off. i only seen these lights before about a year ago random while i was driving, i stopped restared they were gone. now im clueless

Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Certified Members

C1255 - EBTCM internal fault - water leak - maybe related but unlikely. You should check condition of connector - if it is clean with no corrosion and contanination, You will likely need EBTCM. If you have a FSM there a few more tests to do as far +/- , also check harness did not get cut be drivers side cooling fan...i saw once after unrelated repair.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 PM

slowroll. do you think its possible it shorted out-when my brother was connecting jumper cables to the jump station i saw a few sparks, thats when i did note the lights on after the jump and dead battery