Allante Club of America's AllanteNet

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Allante Club of America's AllanteNet

Did you notice Cpt Kirk always smirked when Scotty said anything like that?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Certified Members

day 8 ?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

dAY 364

AllantéNet Forum is currently undergoing a software version upgrade The Forum will be closed temporarily while we install and test the new system. All the old conversations will be retained. [/align] [/align] [/align]

Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

dAY 364

AllantéNet Forum is currently undergoing a software version upgrade The Forum will be closed temporarily while we install and test the new system. All the old conversations will be retained. [/align] [/align] [/align]
Bill,

if it wasnt so possible, it be funny. What a terrible past 12 months it has been for the Allante community, 1st the mess of Feb '07 and now this.

Hey, you think all this is having a serious impact on the value of the cars?

remember when Vic didnt pay for the server or as he reported, the server people took the money and ran?

Who was it, Scott or Steve, that kept a basic site going for months and months off on of the B-of-A servers?
I seem to remember something like 4 months and we developed a email network system to get help and solve problems.

When the site returns to the air waves (or web bits & bytes), everyone will accept it as much as we accept the sun and the night and quickly forget .. until it hits again.

Have you got an idea of how many cars went to the salvage yards in those 12 months?
the qty of retired Allantes is mind boggling.

From around 21,000 units at the end of production to around 8,000 5 years ago .. to what now? 4,000 survivors ?

Hell, they are sending the "rare" units, the Teal Greens, the Montana Blues to the salvage yards .. how much more the much more common reds and whites .........

Old 02-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

If they are interested in transfering or selling the site they should make that known to all, you never know who may step up?

Old 02-19-2008, 04:37 PM

This is close to home but I mustadd, I monitor several other sites that have had the same problems about as many times as allante net over the past four years. I expect this will blow over as well.
We patiently wait to see!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Certified Members

day 9 ...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Once again I want to give Stealth and G.A.R.Y. all the kudos for giving us an alternative site. While not around as long, it has the possibility of developing into as good if not better site. I am thankful for having it!

We just have to get the players here. I have about 50 e-mail addresses in my Allante folder that I can use to invite folks over, how about everyone else?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Once again I want to give Stealth and G.A.R.Y. all the kudos for giving us an alternative site. While not around as long, it has the possibility of developing into as good if not better site. I am thankful for having it!

We just have to get the players here. I have about 50 e-mail addresses in my Allante folder that I can use to invite folks over, how about everyone else?
Thanks Bill
I did a "reply all" to an e-mail, might have been from you, inviting AN members here, if for nothing else untill AN is back up and running. At least one person, not sure who, responded and said he registered. For those of you who know me, you understand that this is not a raid on AN. Although I can't post over there, and I have my own opinions of don and tom, it is my wish that both sites be used by allante owners, for obvious reasons that I won't go in to detail now (it's already been done enough).
All An members and guests ar invited to play here on a permanent or temp basis, whatever your pleasure.

ps: Bill, it will not be long now before you owe me for anothersilly bet that you made with me.So that your wife does not find out the amount of money you will lose to me, I will accept a money order.

Best of luck to AN members and guests.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 AM

Damn, from what I'm reading here it sounds like you guys should have a hostel takeover.

Quick Reply: Allante Club of America's AllanteNet