dream on...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default dream on...

Well, not only a great Aerosmith song... but...

Look at this site and just drool....

http://www.d3cadillac.com/

GARY - too bad you didn't look at this site before you bought your midlife crisis... that STS-V could have been 'now'... the vette is so 'then'

Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: dream on...

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

Well, not only a great Aerosmith song... but...

Look at this site and just drool....

http://www.d3cadillac.com/

GARY - too bad you didn't look at this site before you bought your midlife crisis... that STS-V could have been 'now'... the vette is so 'then'
Never have beena "now" guy have always been a "then or not yet" guy. It's easy to be "now" everyone else is. March to a different drummer, and btw in the meantime the overweight Caddy (which I did look at before I bought the vette) will be eating my dust and the vette is about 2k msrp less then the tug. I don't know if I should mention resale value. But for the older men and women the caddy will be easier to get in and out of. LOL

Old 05-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

GARY - if only the boys at GM wouldn't be so afraid of changing the corvette - it could finally break out of it's bad '80s styling... Heck, the fact they got rid of the pop-up headlights was almost enough to cause a revolution... sacrilege!!!!

Name:  2008z06corvette.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  sts1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  28.2 KB

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

GARY - if only the boys at GM wouldn't be so afraid of changing the corvette - it could finally break out of it's bad '80s styling... Heck, the fact they got rid of the pop-up headlights was almost enough to cause a revolution... sacrilege!!!!

I don't entirly disagree. When the c-6 came out without the pop ups it was a major looks improvement. Ricko will tell you that he doesn't care for the looks of the c-6. He has a c-5.He dosen't like the changes that were made to the c-6. My point is that they may be thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it or change it too much. If it ends up looking like all the other EU cars (like the far east cars do) then you just have another european car. They have made several improvements such as carbon fiber fenders and aluminum frames, dry sump for oil, etc.

Having said that I think the sts-v is HOT, and with an MSRP of only 80k (you can get them under sticker right now) they compete well with the euros. My daughter has moved to NY and left her car with me. If I needed a second car the sts-v would be my first choice.

See you in my rear view mirror.

G.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

I don't entirly disagree. When the c-6 came out without the pop ups it was a major looks improvement. Ricko will tell you that he doesn't care for the looks of the c-6. He has a c-5.He dosen't like the changes that were made to the c-6. My point is that they may be thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it or change it too much. If it ends up looking like all the other EU cars (like the far east cars do) then you just have another european car. They have made several improvements such as carbon fiber fenders and aluminum frames, dry sump for oil, etc.

Having said that I think the sts-v is HOT, and with an MSRP of only 80k (you can get them under sticker right now) they compete well with the euros. My daughter has moved to NY and left her car with me. If I needed a second car the sts-v would be my first choice.

See you in my rear view mirror.

G.
that will only work for the first 4 seconds after that .. not even a glimpse ...

i never had a problem with the pop-ups up to this model - they seem to fit in nicely even when open.

after that .. something changed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/75B9F9D1770C418D9D314FEB1F4A7DA5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/3A6066D8A6AB4B9AAB9AE9C4D267F4E8.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/1242F4A95C0A47C0A6F92CE936C2E33B.jpg[/IMG]